Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Northern
yippiechickie.gif

picked up a new addition this morning.....he actually fell asleep in my arms when he was getting his wing clipped.....hope the ladies like him....

I was just browsing the left over paint cans in the basement.................seems like a lot of enamel paints.............

I don't know anything about paints........gonna research....but thought I would ask you all.......are there paints that are bad for
interior chicken coop walls?

poisionous or ............fumes or????

I will definitely make everything waterfproof or durable with a poly urethane external coat............is that okay for chickens????

so many details

Might not be completely obvious in these pictures, but we covered the bottom of our coop in adhesive backed vinyl tile.

Insides were coated with roofing tar. It's worked great so far at keeping stuff from sinking (stinking?) into the wood. As a caution though, make sure you let it dry completely. I put the girls in before it was t entirely dry, and some of them got stuck when they decide to roost in the rafters. In the end, I carefully pried their chests off of the tar, then let them out to forage while I cast sand on top of the still tacky tar. The poor things had black toes and fluff for a few weeks afterwards.

Ducks. I don't have them, I don't want them, but.....

Welsh harlequin. A friend has a few. Seems they got at least three drakes out of four. Does anyone have a need for a breeder or two? They are beautiful. They don't want them to go for meat, if that is their fate, they will eat them, but I thought I would put out a feeler to see if anyone was interested in them.

Looks like I'm on duck sitting duty again this weekend. At least they promised me a keg of beer for the help and advice. :)

Lisa, I have used both oil based and acrylics in my coops. Just allow plenty of time for the fumes to escape. I err on the side of caution and go for two weeks of ventilation.

Not sure I would use Tar. Does that stuff ev really dry? I use white paint, or whatever I have available or is on the mistake shelf at the store. I try to avoid dark colors because of heat buildup in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom