Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Hello, everyone!!
frow.gif
How have you been? In the past week or so, I have learned some things!!
You really should not put all of your eggs in one basket.
You really should not put egg baskets on the floor next to a counter.
If your kitchen is cluttered, do not shove cans to the side of the counter.
Eggs are no match for falling cans.
Carpeting in the kitchen is a bad idea.

I also learned that I like Rumple Minze!! Woo hoo!! That stuff is good!

Hello, the the new members too.

My computer is only letting me one picture at a time........

but this is the entrance/ exit out the side and I have a board that can slide up and down to close it off.............just needs a lock.

the hard part about the lean to roof over this and the eventual "back deck" are still to be built

so it might look easy but its taken me some time and effort!

and of course the run!

can you see the roost bars up top? sorry I don't know how to turn the picture in this post?

I also have a ladder like wall that is not in the picture that will help keep the pine shavings out of the nest box and provides a step into the nest box and a step into the roost area.

I am still painting that.....

My computer is only letting me one picture at a time........

but this is the entrance/ exit out the side and I have a board that can slide up and down to close it off.............just needs a lock.

the hard part about the lean to roof over this and the eventual "back deck" are still to be built

so it might look easy but its taken me some time and effort!

and of course the run!

can you see the roost bars up top? sorry I don't know how to turn the picture in this post?

I also have a ladder like wall that is not in the picture that will help keep the pine shavings out of the nest box and provides a step into the nest box and a step into the roost area.

I am still painting that.....

thumbsup.gif

Hello, everyone!!:frow How have you been? In the past week or so, I have learned some things!!

Rumple Minze! You are hard core. We take it to the out door ice hockey games and slip it in our hot chocolate, warms you right up.

Looking good. I really like recycling projects, you can make some cool things out of the stuff you throw out!
thanks all----and yes all of the materials are free , from my basement , etc etc

This actually would have been a nice dresser to rehab as a dresser----------but that was not my need!

As I have been doing this project I am simply amazed at how much free stuff is available on craigslist...........good stuff...........
So much better than filling up landfills etc.............plus people can save money and meet their needs.......

I had previously avoided craigslist because I heard scary stories about crimes etc..........but I have met some of the nicest people recently!

I have some pictures....................

So here is the basic image............
I saw your other posts too, looks awesome and that's a really cool idea too.
Have you ever seen anything like this? Saigon junior.
Was this the father of the boys you posted pics of bout a week ago? Is he a naked neck, or a naked neck cross?
Awww look at him, out like a light lol
He had a line out, and I told him "Don't fall asleep down here, go up to the car." Bout that time I got a bite and til I got my line in and the fish off he was OUT. He didn't wake up til that scovy in the pic nibbled his butt through the chair...(story below ↓)
That's a scovy, and he's beautiful! You can tell it's a Muscovy from the fact that he's got all those caruncles (the warty looking things that surround his eyes and top of his beak. And he's a boy from the fact that he was huffing at you. Male scovies "hiss" Females "trill" .
I thought that's what he was but I wasn't sure. It was funny he was the first duck to come over to us and Gavin's still fast asleep. Well this scovy comes up to me and is wagging his tail feathers and looking at me like mine do when they're hungry. I said "I don't have any food, but he does," and pointed at Gavin. So this scovy walks over and nibbles at Gavin's butt through the chair (they're those cloth lawn ones), Gavin jumps up and almost falls into the lake. He gives me a nasty look, I pointed at the duck "It was him, he thinks you have food." Bout this time all the other ducks start coming and the next ones to come to shore near us were the black ducklings, which woke Gavin up the rest of the way. So I sent him up to the car for the bread and this scovy, the ducklings and their mother all follow him to the car and back down to me. The whole time this guy it wagging his tail feathers and huffing, and you can picture the black duck hen saying "Don't get too close to that human..." Gavin loved it. I'm having trouble loading the videos...

Quote:
Hello, everyone!!
frow.gif
How have you been? In the past week or so, I have learned some things!!

Oooo I love Rumple Minze! There's a cinnamon one I used to mix it with for Fire and Ice shots, been a while since I made those. If you like mint and chocolate there's a chocolate liqueur that I would mix it with too, tasted like the Thin Mints. I think it was the Godiva liqueur but I'm not sure, been a long time for those shots too.

Back
Top Bottom