Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Northwestern Pa here
smile.png
welcome-byc.gif

Ok...I think I finally caught up. Gavin and I went fishing Friday night until about noon Sat, then had a family party to go to. It was awesome, the best 4th of July party I've ever been to. The fireworks were professional ones, but even better someone made blueberry, peach and apple pie. I really need to learn how to make that stuff, the alcoholic drinks I mean, it was so good. Only problem is it goes down too well/smoothly. In bird related news I apparently have 3 mallard drakes and one hen, so now to decide if I clip one drake and the hen's wings and let the other two drakes leave, or if I just process those two drakes and not tell my family... And now picture time: This is how someone goes night fishing: This is what Gavin woke up to yesterday morning. I was not planning on staying the whole night, but once he fell asleep I didn't have a choice. I couldn't wake him up and I can't carry him anymore. I'm fairly sure those are black duck ducklings in this pic, since the young mallards were about the same size as mine are: Can anyone tell me what breed this cute guy ↓ (?) is? It was at the lake and kept coming up to us making a noise like a dog sniffing/huffing and wagging it's butt. We gave it, the two others like it and the wild ducks some bread (I know I was bad
hide.gif
I really need to start keeping a small container of feed in the car.) I have some video of them but I need to edit it before I share.
That's a scovy, and he's beautiful! You can tell it's a Muscovy from the fact that he's got all those caruncles (the warty looking things that surround his eyes and top of his beak. And he's a boy from the fact that he was huffing at you. Male scovies "hiss" Females "trill" .

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I'm new (relatively). Joined back in Mar but just started getting involved this week. I live in McConnellsburg area.  This chat is really challenging to keep up with! But I'll try anyway. It's getting really dark here, looks like the storm is coming and I need to get off the puter and batten down the hatches. Later all

Welcome! It can be daunting when we all are around....but I promise, we don't take offense if you mix us up....well except Chad, he gets annoyed when we make him shave his legs...

Anyone to the NE of me, get your lawn chairs up, potted plants moved so they can't blow over, I had to pick up stuff all over the yard & the wind even knocked my bit metal hanging basket stakes out of the ground - we had a H E L L of a front come through here - luckily we got the chickens in a good 10 mins before it got here!!

Back
Top Bottom