Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Thanks tweetr. This is just the tip of the iceberg.
roll.png
Also found out this week that my ex is getting divorced from his wife & SHE is going to try to take MY kids from HIM. I have papers to get drawn up today & get filed tomorrow. Don't know who the heck she THINKS she is!!! Thosa are MY kids & she has been covering for HIS abuse for the past 5 years on them so he could keep them from me. Now she wants to reveal his abuse & thinks that will get HER custody of MY kids. OVER MY DEAD BODY!!!

Oh I know all about ex's - mine is a total oxygen thief to say the least, has our daughter in the UK (I lived there for a little while) and managed to keep her there (when I said I wanted a divorce) on the technical basis that she was born there and for me to take her back to Australia without his permission would have been kidnapping grrrrrr
somad.gif
I haven't seen her since she was 1 1/2 years old and my ex husband has told her I am dead, doesn't answer calls, burns any mail or anything I send to her.

Hopefully things work out with you and your kids, as much as kids need fathers in their lives (for the most part) they really need their mums
hugs.gif

WING wow I can only imagine how much hard work goes into having that much land but it would be rewarding when everything you plant grows etc etc After being a city girl most of my life, I have found I do like living in a more rural area. LOL I went to state college about2 months ago and OMG it was soooooo busy, I was like we HAVE to get out of here
gig.gif
I don't know how well i'd handle living in a big city again lol but at times I do miss it just for the shopping lol

Your place looks awesome though!!
thumbsup.gif

Quote: Yep, my ex does the same crap. My daughters have to sneak onto facebook to get ahold of me. I sent them almost $100 worth of stuff a couple weeks ago & he destroyed most of it & never gave it to them. What irks me the most is his moron wife who deliberately lied & covered for his abuse when we were battling for custody 5 years ago, has continued to cover for his abuse this entire time & now thinks she can gain custody of MY daughters by finally revealing the abuse. If she covered for him then she is just as guilty as he is!!!

Last edited:
They are getting some watermelon and lettuce for a treat this morning lol 

Mine love watermelon especially on a hot day

thanks again everyone for the construction feedback

I am not trying to be perfect.............that is kinda funny ........I just am trying to make it work!

I think it would have  been easier NOT to use a dresser and just make a box!

also putting together lots of different sizes of materials without the carpentry know how.........and this is a first venture into the chicken world
well .....its a lot of learning.................

I also don't want the whole thing to just fall apart instantly! 

I do agree that I just gotta get it done .................or I will never get to the chickens part!     Whats the point without the chickens?   

Hope everyone stays somewhat cool today!

Have you considered converting a dog house or kids play house into a coop?
I've seen these kind of things a lot on Craigslist and they're either free or really cheap because the people want it gone. Dog houses and play houses are usually already roofed and ready for the outdoors too. By the way sorry if I'm giving you a head ache by making your planning more complicated haha

somebody else has to try the chicken with a trash can,,,,This was the first time I tried this and it was great, but i am wondering about seasonings (I kept it plain)...need to swap ways of doing this....Thinking a rub type seasoning would just burn at the high temps.....also wondering about other meats or even setting a small grate on top to heat sides with...

It is not setting on the dirt,,the bottom is lined with foil, then i turned it upward to trap the potatoes and block the wind that was kicking up.

i do not have AC so cooking outside in summer is a must..and buying a grill would be to normal for me.

Last edited:
Last night was night two of no predators - so we still have 7 (of 8) ducks and 2 geese. The shed we use for them is in such bad shape the front looks like some kind of fort. The doors don't close right so I wire the door shut, we have a piece of tin in front of the door and then a heavy roll of no-climb horse fence in front of it. I am waiting for whatever took the "Little Girl" to figure out to dig under the shed. I am still pretty sure it's the fox since Little Girl was eaten.

Oh I know all about ex's - mine is a total oxygen thief to say the least, has our daughter in the UK (I lived there for a little while) and managed to keep her there (when I said I wanted a divorce) on the technical basis that she was born there and for me to take her back to Australia without his permission would have been kidnapping grrrrrr
somad.gif
I haven't seen her since she was 1 1/2 years old and my ex husband has told her I am dead, doesn't answer calls, burns any mail or anything I send to her. Hopefully things work out with you and your kids, as much as kids need fathers in their lives (for the most part) they really need their mums
hugs.gif
[COLOR=0000CD]WING [/COLOR][COLOR=0000CD]wow I can only imagine how much hard work goes into having that much land but it would be rewarding when everything you plant grows etc etc After being a city girl most of my life, I have found I do like living in a more rural area. LOL I went to state college about2 months ago and OMG it was soooooo busy, I was like we HAVE to get out of here [/COLOR]
gig.gif
[COLOR=0000CD]I don't know how well i'd handle living in a big city again lol but at times I do miss it just for the shopping lol [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000CD]Your place looks awesome though!! [/COLOR]
thumbsup.gif
How old is your daughter now? That is horrible.
thanks again everyone for the construction feedback I am not trying to be perfect.............that is kinda funny ........I just am trying to make it work! I think it would have been easier NOT to use a dresser and just make a box! also putting together lots of different sizes of materials without the carpentry know how.........and this is a first venture into the chicken world well .....its a lot of learning................. I also don't want the whole thing to just fall apart instantly! I do agree that I just gotta get it done .................or I will never get to the chickens part! Whats the point without the chickens? Hope everyone stays somewhat cool today!
Good luck!
Thanks tweetr. This is just the tip of the iceberg.
roll.png
Also found out this week that my ex is getting divorced from his wife & SHE is going to try to take MY kids from HIM. I have papers to get drawn up today & get filed tomorrow. Don't know who the heck she THINKS she is!!! Thosa are MY kids & she has been covering for HIS abuse for the past 5 years on them so he could keep them from me. Now she wants to reveal his abuse & thinks that will get HER custody of MY kids. OVER MY DEAD BODY!!!
How many kids do you have? That is awful that she would lie for him all these years. From working in social services and going to court with clients, try to get your house in order before your court date. Beds for all the kids, rooms set up. I know your house is under construction but make it as safe as possible. I had a social worker report to a judge that the kids shouldn't be returned home bc of exposed wires..... It was a cable wire. Thank god I was in court that day with the family. Good luck!
Pretty quiet around here tonight! I have another question I am hoping someone will answer. When using Wazine 17, can you continue to eat the eggs? Thanks!
What is that stuff? Never heard of it.
I REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLY like them.... I think I am in love with fluff though! Lol Where can I find these?
Love them! They are so sweet. I got mine from a lady on Craigslist. I can't wait to get more. It's pouring here. We might have to cancel our cookout. I have a ton of food and scrubbed this place from top to bottom. Dh doesn't want everyone in the house though. Too many people....not enough space. Anyone have a good site to learn about chicken genetics? I have a white silkie hen and rooster. Will their chicks be white or do I have a chance to get other colors? My two eBay chicks that hatched came from very pale blue eggs. I would like to get some darker blue eggs and green ones.

How old is your daughter now? That is horrible.
Good luck!
How many kids do you have? That is awful that she would lie for him all these years. From working in social services and going to court with clients, try to get your house in order before your court date. Beds for all the kids, rooms set up. I know your house is under construction but make it as safe as possible. I had a social worker report to a judge that the kids shouldn't be returned home bc of exposed wires..... It was a cable wire. Thank god I was in court that day with the family. Good luck!
What is that stuff? Never heard of it.
Love them! They are so sweet. I got mine from a lady on Craigslist. I can't wait to get more.

It's pouring here. We might have to cancel our cookout. I have a ton of food and scrubbed this place from top to bottom. Dh doesn't want everyone in the house though. Too many people....not enough space.

Anyone have a good site to learn about chicken genetics? I have a white silkie hen and rooster. Will their chicks be white or do I have a chance to get other colors? My two eBay chicks that hatched came from very pale blue eggs. I would like to get some darker blue eggs and green ones.

She was 9 in January

Back
Top Bottom