Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

More broody & baby pix.

Blarney your pictures are worthy of framing...I would not get much done if I had those views...except lots of coffee drinking

Silkie, good luck on the move,,moving is never a fun thing for me, but I need to do it one more time..

Chelsea(I think). Great duck pics, careful on those injuries, they all catch up to you later in life...

Stake, sounds like a great way to improvise and use what is handy...

Any answers for those turkeys, thinking about grinding one of them and trying a sausage, any recipes for turkey sausage

Silkie, so happy you found something. Hope it all works out! If I were closer I'd volunteer!

Stake, Preach! I thought a regular Lowe's Or HD trip was normal only because we are fairly new homeowners. Now I know it will never end, haha. At least we have both within a 10 minute drive.

Cskotek, your ducks are so cute! Love the pics, except maybe you boo boo eye, haha. Hope you heal quickly!

Does anyone else have snow predicted for tomorrow!? I'm hoping for a lot of snow this winter,I love it and I have a shirt driveway!
big_smile.png
I am taking care of it.. I wish I had a choice on it happening LOL hurt beyond words! And so far so good with it
And thanks the ducks are amazing <3

Can anyone tell me if there is a feed mill in the Kittanning/Ford City area? I like to have grain mixed for my birds & get pretty large quantities at once. Would also be great if they do like my current mill & let you pay your entire bill for each month all together at the beginning of the next month. That way I only have to write 1 check for feed & supplies each month & don't have to worry about having cash on hand if I run out of something.

Can anyone tell me if there is a feed mill in the Kittanning/Ford City area? I like to have grain mixed for my birds & get pretty large quantities at once. Would also be great if they do like my current mill & let you pay your entire bill for each month all together at the beginning of the next month. That way I only have to write 1 check for feed & supplies each month & don't have to worry about having cash on hand if I run out of something.
Here is one down in Indiana.

Indiana Feed & Supply‎
1060 Water Street
Indiana, PA 15701
(724) 465-4581

Red Bank Mills
234 Liberty Street
New Bethlehem, PA 16242
(814) 275-2311

I also did a search in Butler County here is the google search results. Hope this helps.

https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF...r,+PA&ei=wyeBUrzwFdDiyAGcvIGwDQ&ved=0CJgBELYD

Both of my local feed mills will set up payments just like a utility company would do a budget plan....but you will still be a 3 hour trip away...

Chicken related news......the bator is chirping at me, it has rhodebars and bantam Cochin, a few mixed breed out of the layers just because I likes the egg colors. Some ducks also but they have another week to go, guess I better plug the other one in and he them seperated...

Non chicken related......Why do I feel guilty for calling off of work ? I hardly ever do this but dang it my back, butt and leg hurts,,,,,,,anyone know how to treat that nerve thingy that seems to be the problem.......I tolerate pain pretty good but this had me in agony to just put shoes on..

Silkie or anyone else that might be interested. Here are a few pictures of the coop and crates I have up for trade. My hubby took some of the pieces off to use on the new coop but those pieces should be easy to replace. The bottom tray on the coop slides out for easy cleaning. The roof is made of metal. There is a smaller box at the other end of the coop that we used as a grow out box for the birds that were too big for the crate in the garage but weren't ready for the big coop. The door is still there but not connected. The lid for the grow out box and nest box are missing, plus the side window for the larger coop.

There are 3 crates. The larger crate has a bar for the birds to roost and I replaced the chicken wire. One crate is removed the old chicken wire but I didn't put the new stuff on yet. I have the pieces they just need stapled on. The 3rd box still has the old chicken wire still on. Hubby wants this stuff gone ASAP so if no one is interested I will post it on Craigslist.

Since you girls and guys seem to maybe know...
Once I get my turkeys processed, what do I need to do to get them out of rigor so I have tender meat? If I fail this year at having a tender and juicy bird, I will NEVER be allowed to raise our holiday bird ever again.

BTW, I had one of my ducks last night... tough, tough, tough. My cassoulet went to the turkeys last night.

Since you girls and guys seem to maybe know...
Once I get my turkeys processed, what do I need to do to get them out of rigor so I have tender meat?  If I fail this year at having a tender and juicy bird, I will NEVER be allowed to raise our holiday bird ever again.

BTW, I had one of my ducks last night... tough, tough, tough.  My cassoulet went to the turkeys last night.
are you letting the meat rest in the fridge for a few days, I do 3 days for chicken and 5 days for turkey.......and I know this goes against what the experts will tell you, but I always cook at lower temp than suggested, it just takes longer..

Both of my local feed mills will set up payments just like a utility company would do a budget plan....but you will still be a 3 hour trip away...

Chicken related news......the bator is chirping at me, it has rhodebars and bantam Cochin, a few mixed breed out of the layers just because I likes the egg colors. Some ducks also but they have another week to go, guess I better plug the other one in and he them seperated… Is this the result of late night e~bay surfing?

Non chicken related......Why do I feel guilty for calling off of work ? I hardly ever do this but dang it my back, butt and leg hurts,,,,,,,anyone know how to treat that nerve thingy that seems to be the problem.......I tolerate pain pretty good but this had me in agony to just put shoes on..I believe whiskey is your answer. (It works great on guilt too)…although it exacerbates e~bay surfing.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom