Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Miriam is so ambitious. The snow didn't stop her from getting the cracked corn that the birds dropped. She cracks me up.

Then I shoveled a path for them. Lil' Dude was the first to test it out. Make sure it was safe for the hens.

My crowd is happy to stay OUT of the snow….we had to catch up 9 that got themselves stuck under the porch and away from their coops…don't want them out all night.. Popcorn was smart enough to get out of the weather...

This one snuck out from under the porch while we were catching up her friends.

Tarp blew off one half of the run,

My crowd is happy to stay OUT of the snow….we had to catch up 9 that got themselves stuck under the porch and away from their coops…don't want them out all night.. Popcorn was smart enough to get out of the weather...

Ditto my crew,,,,while it was a dusting they were happy to forage...now they are hunkered down under a bush...gave them extra food and water,,,interested to see if they head back to the coop or hang out under the bush......

WOW..you guys got hammered!! It was just flurrying today, but NOW is another issue..it is snow to beat the band!! Laying on the sidewalks and roads...DH says they are getting real interesting out there....Why does it look like you have soo much more light than me??? not fair..it is totally dark by 4:30 pm..totally!

7 of my nine birds happily found their way to the coop. The other two apparently didn't want to walk through the snow and were perched in pine trees. After a bit of crawling around under the tree I managed to get them and carry them home. Silly hens.

[COLOR=0000FF]My crowd is happy to stay OUT of the snow….we had to catch up 9 that got themselves stuck under the porch and away from their coops…don't want them out all night.. Popcorn was smart enough to get out of the weather...[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]This one snuck out from under the porch while we were catching up her friends.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]Tarp blew off one half of the run,[/COLOR]
Wow did you guys get alot of snow. We got a dusting but freezing rain. More snow today. But the dang chickens still wouldn't come out of the coop.

This is my first snow with chickens and

my chickens first snow!

They stayed inside a lot.............ventured out only briefly.

There is also some different sleeping arrangements inside, tonite.................not sure why and am still kinda wondering if it might lead to eggs..........

given the cold snow............seems less likely but I think the younger girls are wanting to be in the nest box............so time will tell!

hope it warms up nicely tomorrow so limited shoveling is needed!

I just had to share... Through all the BS we are going through right now, I had a little gift delivered 2 days ago and another today. My Ameraucanas are LAYING! Well, at least one of them. They should have started 2 months ago, but figured they'd be like the last batch of late winter birds I hatched and start laying in January or February. Having those gorgeous turquoise eggs is a real treat.

It's crazy how something so small can make me giddy.

Back
Top Bottom