Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Mom fell on her head again last night….I'm on a first name basis with the nurses in the ER now. And just cause I can't get enough…headed into CHOP for surgery day. Prayers appreciated for my best guy.

I think he should do all the chores this morning since he won't be able to help out for a while…you all agree, right?

B:

Fingers and toes crossed....

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. I know it well too.

I should have elaborated a bit more. My daughter had major surgery at CHOP 2.5 years ago. It went perfectly and she has been completely seizure free ever since, a HUGE blessing. It's scary having a very sick child, I don't recommend it at all, but if it happens there is no better place, or better people, than CHOP.

My best wishes and prayers are with you blarney !!

Mom fell on her head again last night….I'm on a first name basis with the nurses in the ER now. And just cause I can't get enough…headed into CHOP for surgery day. Prayers appreciated for my best guy.

I think he should do all the chores this morning since he won't be able to help out for a while…you all agree, right?
Sorry about your Mom Blarney, it is so hard when our parents decline...
hugs.gif

And yep, I hope you had your son do chores this morning
wink.png

My thoughts and prayers are with you, I hope he manages everything without side effects and is home and happy soon!
CHOP.... I thought you meant CH of Pittsburgh and then realized she meant Philly... abbreviations sure change region to region!
Prayers up. If I may be nosey, what is the surgery for?

Himself did get out into the cold yesterday to shift some stuff about so I am getting closer and closer to chickens!
You'll be getting woken up to crowing before you know it!

How to clean the kitchen floor (and everything else in the kitchen). Have an under the weather duck that you are concerned about. Day 1. Bring her in and put her in the sink to give her a bath..........have her just sit there because she's that under the weather. Give her baby vits Place her in a tote in the kitchen. Have to change the towels in there 3 times because she has diarrhea. Day 2. Give her 2 more baths....because now she REALLY stinks. Feed and water her as much as she wants...which isn't alot and dose with vits. Day 3 put her in sink for bath. Leave room to check on 3 yo. Discover duck feeling better....as she is now dunking herself and splashing all the water out of the sink......all over the floor......counters.......cabinets.............EVERYWHERE.

Yeah. That's been my morning. She's now back in her tote happily cleaning/drying herself.

So the under the weather part. 3 days ago when I went out to check on the chickens/ducks during the day, she had clearly just laid her egg......in the middle of the coop..right by the feeder. She was happily sitting there. I assumed she was being broody, so I left her egg with her. That night when I went out to feed/lock up, she'd moved about a foot, egg is now ice cold and she's not standing for anything. Not when the little roo ran over her, not when I threw corn for treats.....nothing. Looking at her, her caruncles were a pale pink. This is what caused me to bring her in. Now I notice that while she tries to stand her left leg seems to be off to the side. Like the lower leg of a K. I had a leghorn roo who was showing similar tendencies with his leg several months back, I thought he injured himself. With duck, I don't think that's the case. Twindiot was just dead one morning when I went out to the coop....with no signs besides the leg. Any idea what might be causing this? Not to sound unfeeling..but I have an excess of roos.........and well....his name didn't come strangely....so while I was sad....noone else was showing signs of illness...so I didn't worry. Now with duck she's a favorite............help?

Missy.... sorry your girl isn't feeling well. I don't have ducks, so no idea on causes other than trauma. Pelvic injuries can cause internal bleeding, which would explain the other fellow dying, but they don't always cause it (or it can be minor) which may be why your girl is recovering from the shock but still not walking right. I hope she continues to improve for you, even if it is causing kitchen mayhem!
fl.gif

Can I just go on a rant real fast? Okay.

I hate sebrights. Never will I own another one. Ever. They're such pain in the butts. My rooster is HORRIBLE. He's so aggressive. I put my arm in the coop and he attacks it. He doesn't let the hens eat or drink first. When I open the pop door he either jumps at my face or flogs me as I walk away. Or both. IT doesn't hurt because I have coveralls on in winter, but if it was summer... my legs would be all cut up. Sebrights also aren't cold hardy at all. Mine shivers and shivers at anything below 45. Today the hen was shivering and she's even got her layer of winter fat. Actually she's getting a little too hefty. I'm cutting back on treats. That's another issue though. But my sebright is so LOUD. He NEVER shuts up. And he's really stupid. My hen will be drinking out of a cottage cheese container (it's just the most convenient for winter for me) and he'll try to dance for her and knck the water over. Thhen the coops all wet. In 5 degree weather. OH MY GOSH. :he

Sebright hens could be darling. I don't really know. But I know that I hate my rooster more than any animal ever. I've never hated an animal actually. But boy do I hate him.

On a happier note:

The hen in my pair is about to lay ANY DAY NOW! :ya
Like literallly ANY DAY. She's been squatting for about a week and I caught her in the nesting box today sitting on the golf ball that I have in there! :weee
This will be the first first egg of my hens that I can eat. Chippy was the only other hen I had lay her first egg with me, and I washed it with hand soap like an idiot and then threw it away. :he

Sorry for all the typos. This iPad keyboard makes me wanna scream sometimes.

Don't judge all sebrights by that roo. My oldest roo,, Dinner is a perfect gentleman. LB on the other hand....well let's just say if there were enough meat on him to make it worth the time to pluck, he'd be Sunday dinner.

Back
Top Bottom