Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

probably gonna get told about this one but I couldn't resist

OMG!!!! LMAO!!!!! I am so gonna save this!!!!!!
lau.gif

Thanks, I am having a hard time helping her,,,I convinced her to try growing things a couple years ago (lives in the city, and from NYC) she really has no clue, and I hate to see her give up over a few bugs....her garden space is about the size of my kitchen table so everything matters.....she wants no chemical use, she turns plastic forks upside down in the garden to keep the neighbor's cat out,,,seems to work...

he.gif
never thought of DE...that I have and will have to take her some

last year she told me her carrots never grew, just looked like some grass growing then died.....I had to tell her the carrots were underground..
De for the ants and we always have problems with slugs....i have hear dishes with soap water or pennies....they dont like the cooper? Doesnt make sense to me and i have yet to try it this will only be year 2 for my strawberries....and last year my girls didnt even bother them!

Thanks, I am having a hard time helping her,,,I convinced her to try growing things a couple years ago (lives in the city, and from NYC)  she really has no clue, and I hate to see her give up over a few bugs....her garden space is about the size of my kitchen table so everything matters.....she wants no chemical use, she turns plastic forks upside down in the garden to keep the neighbor's cat out,,,seems to work...

:he  never thought of DE...that I have and will have to take her some

last year she told me her carrots never grew, just looked like some grass growing then died.....I had to tell her the carrots were underground..

De for the ants and we always have problems with slugs....i have hear dishes with soap water or pennies....they dont like the cooper? Doesnt make sense to me and i have yet to try it this will only be year 2 for my strawberries....and last year my girls didnt even bother them!

For slugs my mom, aunt & grandmother swear by beer. They put shallow bowls & plates out & fill them up. No more slugs. I'm really assuming it is the salt content in the alcohol more than the alcohol itself. Slugs are always on the hunt for water. I'm betting dishes of salt water would work even better.

My chickens are happy now... just finished cleaning out the coop since they have been spending so much time inside. it is actually easier when it is cold since frozen poo stays together much better. Sand sifted and new hay under the roosts for them to play in = happy birds.

Mom fell on her head again last night….I'm on a first name basis with the nurses in the ER now. And just cause I can't get enough…headed into CHOP for surgery day. Prayers appreciated for my best guy.

I think he should do all the chores this morning since he won't be able to help out for a while…you all agree, right?
He is so gorgeous.... yes I said that!! and the goats are not bad either.... let us know how he is please!

So question!? About a month ago i had some issues with my one Swedish hen...wasnt sure if it was merks or some kind of nero problem. But she went to the big field in the sky.....I have her sister or close to it. Came from the same place both swedish hens....Shes now acting werid she keeps her head tilted to the side and like tucked against her...she didnt go up into the coop a few nights ago two nights in a row i had to put her in and now with it being so cold she just hasnt came down which alot of them havent.So i am not sure if i am looking at an our break of something or just something gentic with those two girls......samething outside she physically looks fine. Everyone else in my flock looks good to!
barnie.gif
hmm.png

My chickens are happy now... just finished cleaning out the coop since they have been spending so much time inside. it is actually easier when it is cold since frozen poo stays together much better. Sand sifted and new hay under the roosts for them to play in = happy birds.
I was gonna ask about the frozen part!! I am waiting until they thaw lol

Back
Top Bottom