Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Angel sounds like a real sweetie. I would keep her forever too
love.gif

I know. And to think I picked her and put her back down about six times before I finally just stuck her in the box with the other 2 we got that day and brought her home. Who'd have thought you could fall so in love with a chicken at all let alone a boring production egg machine like a Leghorn. We always had Rhode Island Reds and Plymouth Rocks growing up. None of them ever had as much personality as this little girl does. But then those were just the family farm chickens. I didn't handle them and mess around with them every day like I do my chickens.

I will always have a few leghorn, even though I can not sell those white eggs.......they are my clowns,,I can count on them challenging every fence I put up..

Ha ha! I got a white egg layer pullet assortment from ideal. I plan on keeping the leghorns, anconas, and black minorcas for eggs. I don't have enough in my egg flock that won't go broody, of course they are all the brown egg layers. Then with the Ameraucana I will be hatching and selling eggs................ so last year I ran out of eggs to eat................... my Ameraucanas go broody too. I have people that don't want to eat blue or green eggs, some don't want brown, some want all blue and green. IDK, I am thinking of weeding some people out, and raising the price. You will get what I give you! LOL I wanna get some meat birds too. I am tired of crappy store bought chicken.

I think I got my first polish egg yesterday. Other than my 1 sumatra hen, they are the only white eggers I have. The egg looked to small to be Siri's egg so betting it was 1 of the 3 polish girls. I separated them out tonight so we shall see. If they are laying then we shall have more poof heads for my son soon...lol

Quote: I have mostly brown, but I stick 1 green and 1 white egg in every carton.......funny how I see some people changing them out so that there's are all brown..

I try to tell them that there's no difference except the color,,,,they do not believe me because the store gets more for brown eggs..
he.gif
at that point I walk away, no argueing with that reasoning

Is anyone local doing mottled java, I have a lone rooster that was a fall hatch, he's a good boy, just trying to thin roosters out...really wish I would of hatched some hen's to go with him but didn't happen.........this is why I am done with eggs for awhile..

I know. And to think I picked her and put her back down about six times before I finally just stuck her in the box with the other 2 we got that day and brought her home. Who'd have thought you could fall so in love with a chicken at all let alone a boring production egg machine like a Leghorn. We always had Rhode Island Reds and Plymouth Rocks growing up. None of them ever had as much personality as this little girl does. But then those were just the family farm chickens. I didn't handle them and mess around with them every day like I do my chickens.

I happen to really like leghorns. They are really funny. Actually I like the Mediterranean class of chickens. They are energetic, and humorous! They are very alert, even though they are white, they do fairly well free ranging because of the alertness. We had a flock of Leghorns, and some production reds. The leghorns where the older of the group. Had to seperate them because the production reds where killing them. I eventually go a huge Barred rock rooster "Stew pot" and he kept some order. I eventually go rid of the reds because of there nasty personalities. I have not had any since........................... I never will. They LH were much sweeter!

The sweetest birds I have ever come across are Bantam Cochins, D'Uccles, and Silkies. I am generalizing that. I have seen sweeties in almost every breed but those there have a better chance of getting a nice girl
smile.png

I happen to really like leghorns. They are really funny. Actually I like the Mediterranean class of chickens. They are energetic, and humorous! They are very alert, even though they are white, they do fairly well free ranging because of the alertness. We had a flock of Leghorns, and some production reds. The leghorns where the older of the group. Had to seperate them because the production reds where killing them. I eventually go a huge Barred rock rooster "Stew pot" and he kept some order. I eventually go rid of the reds because of there nasty personalities. I have not had any since........................... I never will. They LH were much sweeter!

The sweetest birds I have ever come across are Bantam Cochins, D'Uccles, and Silkies. I am generalizing that. I have seen sweeties in almost every breed but those there have a better chance of getting a nice girl
smile.png
I love Mediterraneans!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom