Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

GM folks:

Had the fox come back this morning....all chooks accounted for but two got bit up....my only Dork got attacked and the Roo interceded and was attacked...both have bites on their backs and the Roo has no tail feathers left...I did the neosporean on the Dork, but the Roo wouldn;t let me get close enough....He seems OK but the Dork is in shock and laying down....I decided to leave her outside and she is laying on my Deck with a couple of the other birds staying with her...she has gotten up and moved around a bit so I think its just shock...

I also moved the bird who was attacked a little more than a week ago back to the grow out pen...I going to give her ample time to re-associate with the group before moving her back to the main coop...

Got two shots at the A_hole....both a bit our of range for #6...and I decided to let the dog have a run.....what a PIA....
Good grief he is causing a hassle! did you try a live trap?

GM folks:

Had the fox come back this morning....all chooks accounted for but two got bit up....my only Dork got attacked and the Roo interceded and was attacked...both have bites on their backs and the Roo has no tail feathers left...I did the neosporean on the Dork, but the Roo wouldn;t let me get close enough....He seems OK but the Dork is in shock and laying down....I decided to leave her outside and she is laying on my Deck with a couple of the other birds staying with her...she has gotten up and moved around a bit so I think its just shock...

I also moved the bird who was attacked a little more than a week ago back to the grow out pen...I going to give her ample time to re-associate with the group before moving her back to the main coop...

Got two shots at the A_hole....both a bit our of range for #6...and I decided to let the dog have a run.....what a PIA....
That sucks... hope the birds recover. Any chance of getting the roo off of the roost tonight to check him over? I know they do amazingly well without human intervention, but at least you can tell if he has anything you can get some Neo onto.
Too bad you don't have a way of tracking the fox back to it's hole... dang things are so sneaky it is hard to pin them down and get them trapped...
Hopefully you get a better shot at it if/when it returns.

hey Sally, there's a crap load of freedom ranger chicks in my basement,... the reason why I am just now drinking my coffee,,,had a late night because of those buggers......

they had a hatch date of yesterday, I watched the tracking show up at 9 am yesterday, they were suppose to be here either thursday night or friday morning, well they showed up at the local PO at 4 yesterday, hubby had to pick up since I was at work, so last night after midnight I had to compromise and find them a spot since of course I was not ready for them...

thought I had today to get their spot ready...
idunno.gif

hey Sally, there's a crap load of freedom ranger chicks in my basement,... the reason why I am just now drinking my coffee,,,had a late night because of those buggers......

they had a hatch date of yesterday, I watched the tracking show up at 9 am yesterday, they were suppose to be here either thursday night or friday morning, well they showed up at the local PO at 4 yesterday, hubby had to pick up since I was at work, so last night after midnight I had to compromise and find them a spot since of course I was not ready for them...

thought I had today to get their spot ready...
idunno.gif
You are well seasoned to chicks showing up somewheres, I am surprised you have no broody to give them to with all your girls! What is their rate of growth, the 5-6 month mark or longer?

Quote: I discourage broodies most of the time, just because I do not like to seperate them and chicks in the big pen are not a good thing...

I start processing at 11 to 12 weeks they will range in the 5 pound area at that time,,,,,,,but I do not hurry them and they have a large pen so it takes a little longer for me to grow them...I would imagine they cold eat and grow quickly just like the cornishx......only without leg problems, I have kept these thru the summer without problems and sometimes a few will be here when they start to lay eggs still no health problems

Back
Top Bottom