Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

these are the babies we brought home today. It's not hard to tell who the brahma mix is lol. On taming, 5 of the 6 we brought home on Monday will climb all over my hands to scramble for bread crumbs. They'll even come out of the brooder and climb on my lap to get them. They still run if they think I'm going to try to pick them up though. One of my PRs that I brought home yesterday had already decided to join with the outgoing ones and readily jumps in my hands for crumbs and out onto my lap if the others do. Everyone else is still too scared and shy to try yet but a couple will watch from a distance like they're thinking about it. I'm hoping that within a week, most of them will come out to me. Think that's too unrealistic?

Last edited:

these are the babies we brought home today. It's not hard to tell who the brahma mix is lol. On taming, 5 of the 6 we brought home on Monday will climb all over my hands to scramble for bread crumbs. They'll even come out of the brooder and climb on my lap to get them. They still run if they think I'm going to try to pick them up though. One of my PRs that I brought home yesterday had already decided to join with the outgoing ones and readily jumps in my hands for crumbs and out onto my lap if the others do. Everyone else is still too scared and shy to try yet but a couple will watch from a distance like they're thinking about it. I'm hoping that within a week, most of them will come out to me. Think that's too unrealistic?
Awe!!! They're so cute!!!!!

Last edited:

They are just too cute!

yes, you just gave me a great idea. My hubby feels a certain kind of way about me and my birds, my collection, lol. Anyways my duckling seems to be a khaki cambell, if they are great on egg laying then that will be the duck we will be looking for. I have just one duckling, she is sooo lonely.
She needs a friend. up for a trade? I have Pekins, Their eggs, and four laying pretty hens, Priscilla BLack Betty Thelma and Lousie III,? Also two bullfrogs need a home.
I also started to breed Mealworms. We need to connect

http://dev.biologists.org/content/111/3/683.full.pdf

A little hard to follow at times, my brain was tending to wander off. Then again it is after midnight. Oh well. Just thought I'd share for those of you hatching. Stake, tomorrow our embryos chorioallantoic something or other lines the whole inside of the shell. I googled the chorioallantoic whatchamacallit and found all that information. If you read just the summary it gives a lot of interesting information that I wanted to share with you guys. :)

Back
Top Bottom