Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Hey guys if anyone in the NW part of the state is interested I have a brown leghorn rooster who attacks people that is free to anyone who wants him and I really don't care if you plan to eat him: www.backyardchickens.com/t/867864/free-brown-leghorn-rooster-nw-pa

If you were in Southern Clarion I would stop by to take him just to spare you the aggravation... I don't really need a soup bird (though he wouldn't be wasted) but I have butchered problem birds for folks before. Once they go mean it can be a real problem. I routinely visit (or pass through) the New Bethlehem and Rhimersburgh area. If they are close to you give me a holler.
I actually live outside of Rimersburg and go to New Bethlehem weekly, let me see if anyone else would like him to eat since you don't need a soup bird. But if not I would be very grateful if you would take him.

I may have missed this, but [@=/u/185510/stake]@stake[/@] how did your hatch go?

Happy anniversary fisher!!!

Chippy:

I'm a bust so far....10 eggs are on day 22 and 4 are on day 21....not a pip or peep....I'll keep things running for a couple of days then try to figure what I am doing wrong....c'est la vie....

Thanks Chippysmom!   So how many was the final count?  Sorry you didn't get enough yellow ones, I really figured you would get at least 3 or 4..

The final count was 13. One chick was absolutely CEMENTED into the shell (no idea why, stupid LG) after being pipped for two days with it's beak hanging out I decided to assist and it was really in trouble. I saved it though with the help of Sally. He's going to be alright. :hugs

It's fine about them not being yellow! It's just really funny looking in the brooder, they're all the same color and then there's the oddball. :lau He's adorable and doesn't really mind being held.

Quote: I actually live outside of Rimersburg and go to New Bethlehem weekly, let me see if anyone else would like him to eat since you don't need a soup bird. But if not I would be very grateful if you would take him.

That is fine... if someone could use him for the table then that is best, but I understand how problematic a nasty guy can get. You can drop me a message whenever you decide. My mom lives between Rimersburg and Parker in the middle of nowhere, and I often get feed at the mill in NB. So we would be able to work out something pretty simple.

Thanks Chippysmom!   So how many was the final count?  Sorry you didn't get enough yellow ones, I really figured you would get at least 3 or 4..
The final count was 13. One chick was absolutely CEMENTED into the shell (no idea why, stupid LG) after being pipped for two days with it's beak hanging out I decided to assist and it was really in trouble. I saved it though with the help of Sally. He's going to be alright. :hugs

It's fine about them not being yellow! It's just really funny looking in the brooder, they're all the same color and then there's the oddball. :lau He's adorable and doesn't really mind being held.

DH got a chuckle when I told him you called the blonde a 'highlighter'... he suggested 'flash' since he is bright as a flash!  LOL

He is pretty speedy! ;)

I was admiring my fave chick's every feature tonight, and looked down at his little toes.

Count them.

I call him Nueve.

Quote: DH got a chuckle when I told him you called the blonde a 'highlighter'... he suggested 'flash' since he is bright as a flash! LOL
He is pretty speedy!
wink.png

I was admiring my fave chick's every feature tonight, and looked down at his little toes.

Count them.

I call him Nueve.

That's adorable!! Well, he obviously has a bit of silky mixed in there... a couple of my 'easter egger' hens are at least some % of silkie (with either feathering on feet or extra toes) and of course Gracie is mostly silkie, so your little favorite there must be one of theirs.
We have one very similar... mostly black, round yellow butt... speeds around everywhere and spends much of his time jumping up on hens or Mindy... we call him Bumble Bee... or Buzzy...

Thanks Chippysmom! So how many was the final count? Sorry you didn't get enough yellow ones, I really figured you would get at least 3 or 4..
The final count was 13. One chick was absolutely CEMENTED into the shell (no idea why, stupid LG) after being pipped for two days with it's beak hanging out I decided to assist and it was really in trouble. I saved it though with the help of Sally. He's going to be alright. :hugs It's fine about them not being yellow! It's just really funny looking in the brooder, they're all the same color and then there's the oddball. :lau He's adorable and doesn't really mind being held.
DH got a chuckle when I told him you called the blonde a 'highlighter'... he suggested 'flash' since he is bright as a flash! LOL
He is pretty speedy! ;) I was admiring my fave chick's every feature tonight, and looked down at his little toes. Count them. I call him Nueve.
That's adorable!! Well, he obviously has a bit of silky mixed in there... a couple of my 'easter egger' hens are at least some % of silkie (with either feathering on feet or extra toes) and of course Gracie is mostly silkie, so your little favorite there must be one of theirs. We have one very similar... mostly black, round yellow butt... speeds around everywhere and spends much of his time jumping up on hens or Mindy... we call him Bumble Bee... or Buzzy...
That's great! So how many chicks do you have meeping around with the broodies?

RIght now we have 4 broodies with 17 chicks, ranging from 1 week to 5 weeks old, they are now all mixing in with the flock during the day, and sleeping with their broody mamas at night...

Gracie is setting on 7 EE eggs (thank you MButerbaugh!)
and Lacey is getting her clutch of eggs tomorrow... Light sussex and Barred Rock...

We also have a bunch of meaties, but they aren't in the regular coop, so they don't get added into the chicken math!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom