Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I am such a hoarder, why do I do that,,,,,you see... I am responsible for keeping machinery running at work, and I always bring spare parts and company trash home with me,, hey, I am sure I have a use for that....

I now have a trunk load of pretzel barrels....the only thing wrong with them is that the sticker machine was not working and they had to be opened and put in other barrels,,,,,,,the barrels are good and the lids are there but the seal has been broken on the lid........

698965.jpg

what am I going to do with these,,,,,any one,,,,,I may just back up to the burn pile and throw them on there,,,,I can not figure why I thought I needed these.... ( yes I am that bad, I have not bought trash bags in a while either, I take the used big bags from work, they are the same size as a kitchen trash bag only clear )

I am such a hoarder,   why do I do that,,,,,you see... I am responsible for keeping machinery running at work, and I always bring spare parts and company trash home with me,, hey, I am sure I have a use for that....

I now have a trunk load of pretzel barrels....the only thing wrong with them is that the sticker machine was not working and they had to be opened and put in other barrels,,,,,,,the barrels are good and the lids are there but the seal has been broken on the lid........

698965.jpg

what am I going to do with these,,,,,any one,,,,,I may just back up to the burn pile and throw them on there,,,,I can not figure why I thought I needed these....   ( yes I am that bad, I have not bought trash bags in a while either, I take the used big bags from work, they are the same size as a kitchen trash bag only clear )

Ummmm, are those the ones around the size of a gallon pickle jar?
If so, I could use a few our ten to add to my stash. Floor, sugar, feed inside for brooder, nuts bolts and nails and stuff, .....

Vinegar making jar!

Last edited:
I am such a hoarder,   why do I do that,,,,,you see... I am responsible for keeping machinery running at work, and I always bring spare parts and company trash home with me,, hey, I am sure I have a use for that....

698965.jpg

what am I going to do with these,,,,,any one,,,,,I may just back up to the burn pile and throw them on there,,,,I can not figure why I thought I needed these....   ( yes I am that bad, I have not bought trash bags in a while either, I take the used big bags from work, they are the same size as a kitchen trash bag only clear )

Uhhhh... give them to kids for bug containers? I use those to raise monarch butterflies in the summer. There's a big field of milkweed across the street and I go and pick leaves with eggs on them then rause them to butterflies. You should do it, it's so cool. Then you get to release all the butterflies

I am incubating duck eggs right now. I pulled all the clear ones last night (day 7). Is there anything I can do with the clear eggs? It seems like throwing them away is a waste.

Quote: yep, they are the same as the old glass mayo jars only in thick plastic.........If you o not mind the seals broken on the lid and a weird crooked label, then I an get these by the loads every week...... we trash about 50 of these on each shift for a day every week..

hide.gif
maybe I should not have said that keeping that label machine running is my job

Last edited:
Quote: Hot glue a sturdy large plate or pie pan to the bottom, pop 2 small holes in the top and feed a cord or bungee straps through the holes (to act as a hanger). Use a dremmel tool or something similar to cut out 3 or 4 holes, 1"x1/2" high around the base of the barrel.... instant cheap feeder for food, grit, calcium... whatever. They can be spread out around the run or coop to allow extra feeding stations for youngsters or meaties to reduce crowding or food protecting from certain flock members. For all the more it takes in time and cost they can be pitched when they get dirty or broken.

Quote: Hot glue a sturdy large plate or pie pan to the bottom, pop 2 small holes in the top and feed a cord or bungee straps through the holes (to act as a hanger). Use a dremmel tool or something similar to cut out 3 or 4 holes, 1"x1/2" high around the base of the barrel.... instant cheap feeder for food, grit, calcium... whatever. They can be spread out around the run or coop to allow extra feeding stations for youngsters or meaties to reduce crowding or food protecting from certain flock members. For all the more it takes in time and cost they can be pitched when they get dirty or broken.
oh man,,,,now you got me thinking that I need to stock up on a whole shelf of these,,,,, the enabling goes way beyond chickens.......

CC.... I will put these ones on the shelf in the barn till you can get them...

Quote:

That is a great idea!
hide.gif
When I first read it though, I read, " Hot glue a turkey" I saw the "tur" and the "y".

Back
Top Bottom