Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

So my silly family decided to let me sleep in this morning and so they went to do chicken chores...I knew they were calling for rain today but I guess they didn't and so opened all the coop doors. Now I cannot chase all my muddy and sopping wet chickens back into their coop. Or try to corner each one to wrap in a towel and blow dry. *heavy sigh* think this will be the end of my flocks?

So my silly family decided to let me sleep in this morning and so they went to do chicken chores...I knew they were calling for rain today but I guess they didn't and so opened all the coop doors. Now I cannot chase all my muddy and sopping wet chickens back into their coop. Or try to corner each one to wrap in a towel and blow dry. *heavy sigh* think this will be the end of my flocks?
my silly birds like the rain,,,a few will even swim in the puddles

I think they have more personality.  They are curious, pretty and much better eating than a chicken.  I love the sound of a tom gobbling and I love the noise the hens make.  I could sit in their pen and listen and watch them all day. 

Thanks! Will keep that in mind for the future....

amen, wouldn't you just love to snatch them baldheaded

Indeed I would.

I was under the impression that they are okay to go outside when
---it does not go below 40 degrees in day or night
---not before 6 weeks of age
--when you have a good set up for them to be safely out side

Thanks Lisa!

Chippy:

I tried to candle a couple of times....my only white egg looked good to me....for the brown eggs, I thought I saw some shadows in the middle of some of the eggs...(thought that was good too)....and who knows about the marans eggs....as I have really good flashlights, its not a matter of enough light...its knowing good from bad....and I really don't know if the eggs were really good at all...so...I'll just wait a bit....

and, I just herd some chirps from the bater but no pips yet.....how long from chirp to pip?

Yay! Updates please! Very excited for you! :lol:

some people are complete idiots SMH. I used to volunteer for Mending Hearts Animal Rescue and it's amazing the cruel or pathetic stories you end up hearing. People are idiots. Ok, rant over

Yes, people can be idiots, myself included. But I try to never be cruel.

Think she wants out lol

Getting a good look of the outside!!

What are you doing up there!!!

I love when they did this! The captions are fitting too! Now my peeps are always trying to get out, and yesterday, someone tried to jump on the dog's head. :idunno

Yay they came home. I hope you gave them a talking to.

Lol, because I'm sure they would care. :lau But it would probably make you feel better. ;)

Thanks Chippysmom!   So how many was the final count?  Sorry you didn't get enough yellow ones, I really figured you would get at least 3 or 4..

Stake... sorry to hear your hatch is late, hopefully there will still be some hatchers! :fl

Gotta love it when they give up and give in! :duc   Sucks when you can't get the stubborn ones back in the coop.... we've had a few Benny Hill scenes around here when trying to round up the strays also!

I am glad your stray pair came back though...

I can see some of those scenes in my future to...:rant

He is pretty speedy! ;)

I was admiring my fave chick's every feature tonight, and looked down at his little toes.

Count them.

I call him Nueve.

That's awesome! Don't Cats get more toes when they are inbred? I don't mean that as a criticism at all; I'm just wondering if the same holds true for Chickens.

Mifflin county here. :)

Welcome!

Where do you get large quantity of tea tree oil? Well-- enough to spray a coop? Did you dilute it? Please, more information...please

Hello neighbor! You're pretty close to me. I have found the best prices on Tea tree oil from puritans pride www.puritanspride.com. They usually have a buy 3 get 2 free deal or something like that. You can dilute it at least 50% in another carrier oil and it still be effective. Something like cheap olive oil or canola would work, but a thinner oil like grape seed or sesame is easier to operate in a sprayer. Diluting it in water doesn't work as well because the oil can not emulsify (water and oil don't mix). There are a few books on the subject, check your local library.

Not to worry, I have some that sleep out in the rain. I almost never close my pop door, my hours make that improbable.

I am headed to the farm now, will be there for a couple of hours or till I get water logged, which ever comes first, if you want to stop and see if you want them or anymore of them

Work day today, I'll catch up with you in the next week or so.

I am such a hoarder,   why do I do that,,,,,you see... I am responsible for keeping machinery running at work, and I always bring spare parts and company trash home with me,, hey, I am sure I have a use for that....

I now have a trunk load of pretzel barrels....the only thing wrong with them is that the sticker machine was not working and they had to be opened and put in other barrels,,,,,,,the barrels are good and the lids are there but the seal has been broken on the lid........

698965.jpg

what am I going to do with these,,,,,any one,,,,,I may just back up to the burn pile and throw them on there,,,,I can not figure why I thought I needed these....   ( yes I am that bad, I have not bought trash bags in a while either, I take the used big bags from work, they are the same size as a kitchen trash bag only clear )

lol! You just have me a flashback to when I worked at Benzel's pretzels. I had to fight with the stupid label machine every day lol

Back
Top Bottom