Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I am looking for a Lavender Americana rooster he needs to be solid lavender. He will be for my wife as she enjoys the Americana/Easter egger chickens.

Quote: those label machines are one of my biggest headaches, and try telling the person packing that they can not have a fan blowing across that label machine,,,,,or those that call me to say that their fans do not work (can you tell that I do not have a fan).....duh........try plugging it in,,,,yea, I am not allowed to say that..

Isn't sad how much waste is created because people would be put off by a crooked label and other goofy things?
If you ever worked in manufacturing you know the waste from stupid things,,,,,did you know that we can not use one of those barrels if it touched the floor, even just a corner of the outside bottom ??? now do not get me started on the things that are allowed to be in there..

Made a new brooder in two days with skid pallets and left over materials.

THe bottom pics are the old ones chicks and ducklings separated. In my outside pen, I have my hens and ducks together.

I would watch running chickens and ducks together at a young age. I did that and the wet mess the ducks made (I cleaned the brooder daily, too) caused my chicks to get sick last year. I lost over 60% of my chicks to this unknown disease and I had to burn my brooder (wooden and it didn't matter how many times I disinfected it, the chicks still got sick). That's my experience, though.

I am such a hoarder, why do I do that,,,,,you see... I am responsible for keeping machinery running at work, and I always bring spare parts and company trash home with me,, hey, I am sure I have a use for that....

I now have a trunk load of pretzel barrels....the only thing wrong with them is that the sticker machine was not working and they had to be opened and put in other barrels,,,,,,,the barrels are good and the lids are there but the seal has been broken on the lid........

698965.jpg

what am I going to do with these,,,,,any one,,,,,I may just back up to the burn pile and throw them on there,,,,I can not figure why I thought I needed these.... ( yes I am that bad, I have not bought trash bags in a while either, I take the used big bags from work, they are the same size as a kitchen trash bag only clear )

Wish we lived closer. I'd take a few!

I am incubating duck eggs right now. I pulled all the clear ones last night (day 7). Is there anything I can do with the clear eggs? It seems like throwing them away is a waste.

Scramble and feed them to the chickens?

stop.....Do you know how crazy it makes me look when I laugh at a computer screen..

I thought I was told we were all crazy on here...

HELP! Ok I have two chicks that that I had to pip the shell for them yesterday, because they were shrink wrapped. They had been doing fine in the eggs, and I kept the humidity up so the membranes didn't dry out. Today I saw green in the egg, so I started to help them more. I think they both pooped in their shells, (never had that happen) so when they came out of the shell, I had to use a dropper to rinse them with warm water. Now here's where I need the help.... the one looks like it has a hernia, tumor or growth on its ambilical area....or is this the yolk, I've never seen it like this before? It is quite active..... HELP PLEASE!

freedom rangers at 9 days

TSC specials

remember these guys, they grew up and now have the green sheen when the light hits them the right way.

I am also setting a few eggs tonight, half a dozen from the bantam cochin pen and the same from the white bresse pen,,,,I do not plan on letting them go to hatch unless somebody wants them,, can not guarantee pure, most of these have only been seperated for about a week and a half or so...anyone local want these,,, chance to get chicks for free...

HELP! Ok I have two chicks that that I had to pip the shell for them yesterday, because they were shrink wrapped. They had been doing fine in the eggs, and I kept the humidity up so the membranes didn't dry out. Today I saw green in the egg, so I started to help them more. I think they both pooped in their shells, (never had that happen) so when they came out of the shell, I had to use a dropper to rinse them with warm water. Now here's where I need the help.... the one looks like it has a hernia, tumor or growth on its ambilical area....or is this the yolk, I've never seen it like this before? It is quite active..... HELP PLEASE!

looks like the yolk sac, if so, it should be absorded with in the first 24 hours....pm Sally and see what she thinks, she hatches weekly, so does silkie sensation..

Back
Top Bottom