Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

th.gif
I have a book sitting next to me with who has what breeds. Silky Sensation, Reyvaughn, Eweaber, and possibly Ray have BR.

All you northern looking for a picnic spot....would the reed's gap state park area be doable....

It is just a small cabin 7 miles outside of the park with an outhouse but no neighbors and 5 acres..

Just a thought

Hey..just googled this..nice area...and only about an hour..hour and a half away..that is very doable!:thumbsup
I am soo interested now!!! So, who is on board and when are we doing this?.....MC is bring the fried chicken..she needs to down size for her turkey operation:lau ....you know I am gonna what some of them there turkeys....:yiipchick

It is the top of the mountain ridge, you can Google the image for tree leaf lane, Milroy pa..the very end of the road you can barely see a trailer in the middle of the woods,,,,that's it....I spend a few weekends there every summer.

Very productive day, tilled some garden space, moved a shrub and 2 hostas. Even dropped a mean rooster at the Green Dragon. Yup, good day.

Which one was it, they had some nice looking roo's

What exactly are you looking for?, breed wise....that might help in getting your answers:D ....lots of good folks here to help you!!

Looking for Red Sex Link/Golden Comets, Dominiques, Silkies, Buff Orpingtons, Easter Eggers, Barred Rocks..to name a few :)

I have Dominique going into breeding pens tomorrow

Yes, you need a reducer. A lot of people rig it to a gravity feed like a bucket then fill the bucket with the house. Or rig a toilet valve in the bucket, garden hose feeds bucket through toilet valve, bucket feeds nipples.

Me, I use a rubber bowl.

Using the rubber bowl now, but for summer & when we want to "get away"..the water system wiyeall work better for us & probably cleaner for them:rolleyes: ...when we got back from our Lancaster Co. weekend...:sick  is all I can say about the water..

They can get yucky if not dumped daily

I ate my BR. Didn't want four toms to feed all winter.

They looked good and tasty

Well my meaties are now 9 weeks old and ready to be processed. But I'm very nervous doing this by myself. I've never done it before or even seen it done. Just a few YouTube videos. I hope I can stomach this... Now that the time is here, I'm second guessing myself.

That picnic place is about an hour and a half for me also. Depending on which way I go. Scenic but shorter way is longer in time. Would be fun. I can't do it on May 4th or 10th, nor any other Sundays, or on June 28. Not sure about the rest of the dates for the summer. But if it happens, I can bring pasta salad.

Looking for Red Sex Link/Golden Comets, Dominiques, Silkies, Buff Orpingtons, Easter Eggers, Barred Rocks..to name a few :)

I can their some Orpington (colored, not buff), or ee/Orpington mix in the incubator anytime someone wants some. I just sold my five extra Orpington from last year's hatches earlier this week.

I will soon start hatching my Orpington project and will undoubtedly have some I don't want to keep in the program.

Ah i know how you feel mine says if I cant rehome my white silkie roo and silkie mix roo thats where theyre going! the thought doesnt make me happy.but they are large lol they are about the size of my 3 month old Bloo : ) . they have really pretty feathering though. Just curious, what type of OEGB do you have? : )

Someone told me that they're black breasted reds but that was based on pictures of them at 2-3 weeks old. I'm guessing they were right though. We only got them because we drove to punxy the one day since the TSC there had EEs and I really wanted some so we let each of the kids pick a bantam. They are the cutest little things with great personalities though. Chip and Cookie were named before we even made it home that day lol. They are actually 7 weeks old today. In the background behind Chip are Sugar and Lily, two of the EEs we picked up that day.

All you northern looking for a picnic spot....would the reed's gap state park area be doable....
It is just a small cabin 7 miles outside of the park with an outhouse but no neighbors and 5 acres..
Just a thought

Just looked it up. It looks like about 2 hours from us which is more than doable. I'd love to meet everyone!

I make 24" wide poop boards and center a 2x4 (widest side flat) a few inches over the board. They spend a lot of time up there and a lot of poop get caught. Don't skimp here and you will need to clean the rest of the coop far less often.

Does it really matter if the boards jut out into the door opening a little, assuming the door opens out?

The doors do open out. I took your advice and went bigger but stopped at 22 inches. I put the one in above the nest boxes yesterday but I raised it up so it hangs just above the doorway. The one on the other side will stick out into the doorway since it will be lower. I couldn't put that one in yet though until Hubby gets done with the roof trusses lol. I got the eye rolls yesterday when he can home from work and I had the shelf in ;)

Hey AuroraDream, can I live in your coop? I think it's bigger than my house!! :eek:

HAHA you can if you want but you'd have to fight my kids for it. Then you'd probably get sick of the neighbors really quick lol

ok, lesson learned. If you're going to reply to someone and your signal is crappy, do it right away. It took forever to find this stuff to quote and reply. We all talk too much! :)

You can drop them and they'll send you a check, less 20% and $1 handling fee. I think you may have to be receiving over $15'to get the check, otherwise they hold it?...not sure. I'm never able to stay. Also, if you bring birds there to sell, you should get them there by 3:30 if you want them auctioned early enough to make money - "the later items usually don't bring much money.

MC, there's a girl near me that sells Bourbon Reds, you can reach her on Facebook Liz Groomer.
Thank You !!
thumbsup.gif
Not that I have anything..just good to know.

Back
Top Bottom