Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Ah i know how you feel mine says if I cant rehome my white silkie roo and silkie mix roo thats where theyre going! the thought doesnt make me happy.but they are large lol they are about the size of my 3 month old Bloo : ) . they have really pretty feathering though. Just curious, what type of OEGB do you have? : )

Quote: I saw that it is almost the same distance for both of us. I just don't know about going. And what do you mean I need to downsize? DH is telling me to hatch more! Doesn't everyone go through 300# of feed a month just for the chickens?
I told DH that milk prices were going up, and I need a cow. He agreed. Danielle, forget the bees. You need to work on DH to get a cow.

Quote: If you decide to come this way, I really am going to sell another 10-12 chickens. You can get a splash EE with a black rooster, BCM, a white Marans ... I have the breeds on my profile page. The EE, Marans and most of the others are under a year.

I'm trying a separate hatcher for the first time. I'm using an old Hoverbator that I've incubated lots of eggs in over the years. This year, with a cabinet incubator I didn't think I'd ever use that old one again, but I decide to try it. Plus, this week I finally overran my ability to hatch all I can incubate. I just put 74 eggs into lockdown ! They don't all fit well into the bottom of the big incubator.

I'm trying to run the separate hatcher at a high humidity (70+ RH) and slightly lower temp (targeting 98.5). That comes from Porter's website for hatching turkeys, but I think it's probably good for chickens too. Chicks contribute their own heat in the last few days and I want to make sure the temps don't spike too high in that little incubator.
Did you say you have Bourbon Reds? I might need a jake.

Dillsburg Cumberland Co PA
Hi from the Poconos!
frow.gif

Dillsburg Cumberland Co PA
Hello and Welcome!!
hugs.gif
Hi!! Welcome to the insanity!
insanity...only if your trying to keep your bird numbers to a reasonable number and can't because of all the unadulterated enabling
smack.gif

I saw that it is almost the same distance for both of us. I just don't know about going. And what do you mean I need to downsize? DH is telling me to hatch more! Doesn't everyone go through 300# of feed a month just for the chickens?
I told DH that milk prices were going up, and I need a cow. He agreed. Danielle, forget the bees. You need to work on DH to get a cow.

If you decide to come this way, I really am going to sell another 10-12 chickens. You can get a splash EE with a black rooster, BCM, a white Marans ... I have the breeds on my profile page. The EE, Marans and most of the others are under a year.

well..duh!!!! The bees didn't take much coercing, but a cow...hmmm, I WILL need some time for that one...
hmm.png
She NEEDS a jake.....just saying...
hide.gif

[COLOR=0000FF]Very productive day, tilled some garden space, moved a shrub and 2 hostas. Even dropped a mean rooster at the Green Dragon. Yup, good day.[/COLOR]

Blarney..when you take something there..drop off...do you have to stay for the sale..to receive your payment? or does the auction take it?..I don't know how that all works..:idunno

You can drop them and they'll send you a check, less 20% and $1 handling fee. I think you may have to be receiving over $15'to get the check, otherwise they hold it?...not sure. I'm never able to stay. Also, if you bring birds there to sell, you should get them there by 3:30 if you want them auctioned early enough to make money - "the later items usually don't bring much money.

MC, there's a girl near me that sells Bourbon Reds, you can reach her on Facebook Liz Groomer.

Quote:
Must have been someone else with BR's. We have black mottled hens and one "still too young to know what a hen wants" royal palm tom. He's gobbling a lot, but seems oblivious to the hen that is with him.

Well, that stinks. Okay, I will hit up someone else.
Oh, Raaaay!! Reyvaughn!! I neeed yoooou!!
smack.gif
I know Reyvaughn has Bourbon Reds.

Quote: You can drop them and they'll send you a check, less 20% and $1 handling fee. I think you may have to be receiving over $15'to get the check, otherwise they hold it?...not sure. I'm never able to stay. Also, if you bring birds there to sell, you should get them there by 3:30 if you want them auctioned early enough to make money - "the later items usually don't bring much money.

MC, there's a girl near me that sells Bourbon Reds, you can reach her on Facebook Liz Groomer.

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom