Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Are you willing to drive to mount joy, Lancaster county with a crate of chickens and a big cooler??
I have a batch going this Saturday, if you can get here and are willing to process your own,( I will help you). I would not charge a fee since the equipment will all ready be set up and in use.
wow wing, awful nice of you!
You all are chatty today..geesh..60 posts later
caf.gif

had a coop building party today.................great weather for this project and the new coop is awesome.............its not totally done yet but so much was done today! so psyched!

we need to finish the window / doors............paint the siding...............put in some vinyl flooring stuff............. and build a new run..................but look what was accomplished!
Looking great!! Amazing what you can do in a day! Are those pallets I see in the base?

Quote:Originally Posted by dheltzel

Pictures of my new hoop house / chicken tractor. I'm very happy with how it turned out and going to make another one soon.

This is the back, the door is on the far side. The blue tarp inside is draped over a board laid across 2 dog crates. This smaller shelter is where they all slept their first night.

Straight on the back. landscape timbers on the ground around it are to hold down the welded wire apron. We have enough predator issues to make extra precautions necessary.

View from the front.

Look into the open door, shows the roosts (5 ft high). You can also see the night light, LED's in plastic tubing wire-tied to the roof.

Looks great! I would love to do a couple of these in the future, right now we opted to use our trailer with the canvas tent top we had made so it could be torn down when not being occupied. I really like the apron you put around it... I will have to do some looking for those solar LED light cords...I could use a few of them! Where did you find them? I rarely shop other than going directly for what I have on my list and getting out of the store in as short a time as possible, so I often miss out on new items... I don't remember seeing anything like those yet.

Hi, Altoona area here. Any leads on some Wyandotte's? Looking for a couple to raise and enjoy. Thanks
Hello & Welcome..
frow.gif
...PeakyBeaky is the lady for SOP Wyandottes..all my girls, besides the Marans is from her! They are great egg layers, with plenty of personality..and if you do the processing thing, they are a great dual purpose bird too! If you want to see what I have from her, take a look at my albums
big_smile.png

....Motorcycle chick has very good girls also, it all depends on what you are looking for.

wee.gif
celebrate.gif
I won't bore you with an explanation. I will just say that my 2 BBW poults just put themselves to bed!
woot.gif
yesss.gif
...no more pushing, pulling, towing...
These are the only ones I've taken out. There are 13 super blue egg layers. Their mother was a commercial white leghorn and the father a lavender Ameracauna. As adults, their colors should be something like a splash (mostly white). The black patches are from their father (also where their blue egg laying ability comes from). The eggs were huge, all would be classed as jumbo, so the chicks are big also. I will keep them separate from most of the other chicks, for the sake of the others. I'm excited to see how this little project turns out.

Gotta love sleeping babies of any kind!

wow, they are neat!! spots..they have spots..are they day olds?

Hello & Welcome..:frow ...PeakyBeaky is the lady for SOP Wyandottes..all my girls, besides the Marans is from her! They are great egg layers, with plenty of personality..and if you do the processing thing, they are a great dual purpose bird too! If you want to see what I have from her, take a look at my albums:D
....Motorcycle chick has very good girls also, it all depends on what you  are looking for.

Had one of those.."this is going to work" moments today..and it did work great.
yesss.gif
These are doors off of the dog carriers, they make perfect seed rows for planting!! Got the idea for a 'grid planting' from Pinterest,( but didn't want to "make" my own) and gardening 'square-foot' , kinda mixed the two styles...Have 2-types carrots, beets & garlic planted today, lots of extras!!...have to get onion sets on Friday when we pick up our turkeys and meaties....So glad I got this done before the rain!! Has anyone ever planted the "Danvers 1/2 long & Chantenay carrots ? This is the first with them, just wondering how well they do.

made veggie markers from cut slats and a sharpie marker. Maybe later I will paint them so they stand out better.

got it all fenced in so the chickens and other critters can't toss it around..
Broody update, she is still going strong, fingers are crossed
fl.gif
..only 4 more days and I can finally put some chicks under her! Not going to move her till the chicks are here and she can focus her attention on them. Was thinking of giving her an egg(canon fodder) , so she don't lose "the feeling" of motherhood
roll.png
...Thank you MC for some insights!
highfive.gif

Hope everyone's day went well!!

Back
Top Bottom