Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Hey LMP guess where I am going tomorrow? Gratzmar. Honestly, I am starting to feel like I could drive Renovo blindfolded. Not that I would. May stop in at the Farmers Market if it is still open by the time we get up there. Also am doing S Williamsport, so it may be closed by then. Spent all day today driving around Sullivan County.

Yup, just hatched today. Looks like I went wild with one of those "Marks A Lot" permanent markers
jumpy.gif
gig.gif
..actually, that is what I first thought..."why did he do that?"..hahahha, hey, some people mark their peeps, I understand, I tried putting bands on mine before..nope-doesn't work, not for me anyway
roll.png
..their little legs are so tiny!!

Hey LMP guess where I am going tomorrow? Gratzmar. Honestly, I am starting to feel like I could drive Renovo blindfolded. Not that I would. May stop in at the Farmers Market if it is still open by the time we get up there. Also am doing S Williamsport, so it may be closed by then. Spent all day today driving around Sullivan County.
Are you looking to buy something?there are houses for sale..
big_smile.png
..here?....The farmers market is open till 1pm tomorrow..I could be there too if you would like to meet...let me know what time you'll be in town..
pop.gif

Hello to all the newbies
And I am not the ax yielding maniac they make me out to be..

I skimmed over the days post, will have to go back and take notes for the experiments.

CC let me know if you want the bobwhite

Last edited:
Hello to all the newbies
And I am not the ax yielding maniac they make me out to be..

I skimmed over the days post, will have to go back and take notes for the experiments.

CC let me know if you want the bobwhite

Yes. What day/time is good?

And she loves her birds. Honest, she has a near mix. It's just hat some of us understand where our food comes from.

There are certain people from different cultures that prefer things like roosters. they may not be as tender or taste like the stuff from the supermarket, but they miss the food from their home country and culture. Some of us are willing to provide it. I had a person who wanted a live bird like they bought at the markets back home.

She does have beautiful birds! And you have more of a choice on colors.

she does have beautiful birds and quite a selection. I had actually gotten 4 off of her a few months ago. I asked for a variety of colors and she set me up with a blue laced red, partridge, splash and blue. Unfortunately, my dogs got ahold of my whole group a week later. They were very friendly and beautiful birds though and I will eventually get from her again. Her name on here is PeakyBeaky. You can just PM her and she gets back to you pretty quick.

Hello & Welcome..:frow ...PeakyBeaky is the lady for SOP Wyandottes..all my girls, besides the Marans is from her! They are great egg layers, with plenty of personality..and if you do the processing thing, they are a great dual purpose bird too! If you want to see what I have from her, take a look at my albums:D
....Motorcycle chick has very good girls also, it all depends on what you  are looking for.

lol, you beat me to it!

There are certain people from different cultures that prefer things like roosters. they may not be as tender or taste like the stuff from the supermarket, but they miss the food from their home country and culture. Some of us are willing to provide it. I had a person who wanted a live bird like they bought at the markets back home.
I find different cultures very interesting, you just have to check your prejudices of all kinds at the door. My Indian friends eat some strange stuff, or so I thought, until I tried it and now think they eat better than Americans. Who doesn't long for the "comfort foods" we had as a kid, and the rituals that often went with them. I applaud wing and others who provide that experience, and if it adds to her cash flow to make keeping the rest of the animals feasible, all the better.

I raised silkies as a kid and we considered them inedible because of their black flesh, so many surplus cockerels were humanely dispatched and their bodies fed to the cats. I can't imagine how much money I wasted if only I had a market for those back then. I still can't really see myself eating black meat, but the possibilities intrigue me because those are some pretty birds (not just silkies, but all the black skinned chickens), and now with a ready market for the culls, I would love to see how that develops.

Back
Top Bottom