Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

She's a beauty!

That wind is really picking up out there, I've got to get on top of my main run and retie some tarps. Will be taking my phone in case a 911 call is in order. Wish me luck!

Good luck! I know our lights have flickered a couple times this morning and I can hear it howling and blowing out there. We just put some of the plywood up on our coop roof yesterday. I hope my husband screwed it on good and it doesn't blow off :/

Just realized I was quoting motorcyclechick and not the new person looking for wyandottes lol. Oops
wee.gif
You like me! You really like me!
celebrate.gif

Oh, wait. You said it was an accident.
hit.gif

Quote: Tell me about it! If that wind gets any stronger, the turkey pen will blow apart!

Good luck Blarney, be safe up there.

CC Saturday works for me, most likely in the afternoon.

Feeding those different cultures can be interesting, I have had conversations that would turn most people, and yes you have to let your own prejudice out of it, and not judge others...
Most times I do not ask many questions, with the exception of live birds, I will not knowingly sell to certain situations.

Even here among all chicken people I am sure some of you would be really against the things that I do for I have sold to all kinds of places and people, trying to put this in a tactful manner but chicken is consumed by many different things, not just humans..

You guys are right though, the different cultures are fascinating, sometimes takes me a little to understand what they are saying, but you quickly catch on....and did you know how different a group like the Vietnamese can be even with in...I have a customer from a fishing village of south Vietnam who will only eat older roosters and then those from the cities do not like the older birds....I would have to say that my strangest request so far have been from the phillipines

Good luck Blarney, be safe up there.

CC Saturday works for me, most likely in the afternoon.

Feeding those different cultures can be interesting, I have had conversations that would turn most people, and yes you have to let your own prejudice out of it, and not judge others...
Most times I do not ask many questions, with the exception of live birds, I will not knowingly sell to certain situations.

Even here among all chicken people I am sure some of you would be really against the things that I do for I have sold to all kinds of places and people, trying to put this in a tactful manner but chicken is consumed by many different things, not just humans..

You guys are right though, the different cultures are fascinating, sometimes takes me a little to understand what they are saying, but you quickly catch on....and did you know how different a group like the Vietnamese can be even with in...I have a customer from a fishing village of south Vietnam who will only eat older roosters and then those from the cities do not like the older birds....I would have to say that my strangest request so far have been from the phillipines

I've got a good title for your memoirs, wing:
"Feeding strange animals to strange people"
chapter 1 could be the PA dutch, my Mom's family was from there and some of the animal parts she tried to get us to eat were very strange. Your Phillipine clients would probably be grossed out by what she served. No offense intended for anyone who eats that stuff . . .

Hey, I hear some people eat mealworms too. Seems like that would cut out the middleman (the chickens).

Different strokes for different folks. As long as the animal is being kept and / or dispatched humanely then that is what matters. ...

This is true, even for other cultures..

I do wonder about those that call or show up out of the blue, word of mouth advertising might be free but I wonder sometimes just what the conversation was that led them to me...

On the sunny side, my egg customer for Wednesday pickup is a cook at a retirement place and wants to offer farm fresh eggs, we shall see how this plays out

Back
Top Bottom