Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Screen-shot-2014-04-24-at-9.08.19-PM.jpg

One of THOSE days...

Indeed lol! Feels like Monday today.
And that little one is precious!

Must head out into this weather....

This is one of those rare occasions when I envy my city friends, doesn't happen often....
I am sure the next couple of days, they will only leave the couch to go to work...

X

fisher lady-------------the base and walls are all pallets! My brother found the best quality pallets I have ever seen! the bottom ones are 4ft by 4ft pallets and the sides were 2ft by 4ft......

such good quality wood............heavy etc

we bought a few 2x4's and the shed siding..................but otherwise its all repurposed materials

the windows were in the basement..............

cinderblocks and shingles from free cycle ( one side of the roof has brown shingles and the other side black!)

I even got hardware cloth donated from a friend who is moving!

hardware..........hinges etc and siding still adds up in costs but all together it was pretty awesome

I saw a listing on craigs list for some vinyl flooring................I am still working on that

have to build the roosts and nest box and finish the sides and paint.............but I had a work crew of family helping and they did awesome.

It would have taken me at least a month or more if it was just me!

At this time I only have 4 chickens as that is all my landlord will allow ............but as you can see--------------the new coop can accommodate more so I have them in mind for my future..............time will tell!

Its important to say.................I took my inspiration from Sally Sunshines Hinkel Haus!

I followed her general idea about the pallet floor and walls for framing.............and then did some ad libbing as materials and ideas emerged.

Now mine is not done yet and may not have the same wonderful decorative enhancements as Sally's.................plus mine has a different roof................but the basic building concept was gathered from her page! Thank you Sally!

Also I really love to have more windows for light in mine and I enjoy seeing them peeking out the windows too!

I plan to paint mine grey and have some white flower boxes...............make some window shutters................and we found some Plexiglas scrap thing that actually slides right over the two windows in the front for rain and cold days!

This is one of those rare occasions when I envy my city friends, doesn't happen often....
I am sure the next couple of days, they will only leave the couch to go to work...

X

Wing, my/your cochin girl is doing nicely in with my Barred Hollands. She is very cute in contrast to them. Not laying yet, any idea how old she is?

X

Wing, my/your cochin girl is doing nicely in with my Barred Hollands. She is very cute in contrast to them. Not laying yet, any idea how old she is?

She was a group that hatched between Halloween and thanksgiving.

With the different cultures, I have one. I was trying to sell some of my eggs on facebook. I had posted I had some extra eggs and the woman wanted 4 dozen and 2 chickens live. I think she is Vietnamese.. I told her I only sell the eggs and I had sold out for the week. (my eggs go really fast when I post them on Facebook groups) I told her I would have more but I don't sell my hens. Then she called and my hubby was talking to her. She was saying she wants eggs, chickens in the eggs, live chickens. I don't know if she wanted to incubate chicken eggs and hatch them out but she said she wanted eggs for eating.

I finally had some eggs to sell to her. I met up with her and she asked again if we had live chickens for sale to eat. My hubby said we do have one, it's a 1 year old rooster for $10. She said next week she will buy him. Yes that is the rooster that we were going to process because he hates me. I have him sold for Sunday. We were having a hard time communicating because of the language barrier but she was happy to have fresh eggs and to get an eating chicken. I am happy he won't be attacking me anymore!

Back
Top Bottom