Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Congrats to you *Chippy!! Pretty darn cool..I just wish we had more elbow room for "chatty" animals...hahaha..I do play the lotto every now & then..
fl.gif
..hahahhaa...

LMP, I will not be in Clinton County on Wednesday. I think I'll be in Sullivan County. We really need to plan this better.
yes we do! Throw a date out there and we will see if it hits! Have fun in Sullivan Co....if appropriate
wink.png
LMP,
Quail are just fun, I can talk to them for hours, and they hold a conversation, and on the plus side is eggs or meat in 8 weeks( some say 6 weeks, I go with 8)....that is for the coturnix, different game plan for the bobwhite..

Will give a quail lesson when you are down here, can process a few and send with hubby if he wants o try them, I prefer them grilled.
We would love to see how that whole process is done! DH is not familiar with quail...i am not educated enough to know how one bird would differ from another..other than size..., should be a good time though! How much of an advance do you need..date-wise..as to when we will be around town?
Would be real nice if this works out
big_smile.png

Good evening all:

Silkie:

glad you are back on track....

Anne:

Fried, scrambled or poached? (they do taste good).

Chippy:

Congrats on you first Keet....

On the quail topic, I may take a run at this in the spring....if all goes well (and never does), I will get a bee hive or two set up, and have time to figure out the quail thing...from my limited experience the coturnix seem to be the biggest and lay lots of eggs.....

OK, I'm still alive...LOL

Finally got moved, broke the screen on my cell & my son's school computer took a crap. Took me an entire month to get the stupid thing exchanged to get us back online. He didn't even get to finish his last 6 or so assignments to make it to 2nd grade....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

He has to start as a 1st grader for a couple weeks in August to get everything finished because of their delay in replacing his computer. It's too late to even get him into the summer session now. I'm ticked! I started him in online school to avoid exactly this! His teachers at regular school couldn't figure out how to get him to read. I had him completely caught up until a week before the end of the school year when his computer died. They were so slow getting his replacement computer to me that he can't finish now until fall.

Other than that, the ex is completely out of my life now & has been since the move. YAY!!! I've lost very few birds since losing him. I lost a few during the move & 2 due to inclement weather since then, but none due to his negligence like the losses I had when he was here. Plus, the kids & I are so much happier without him around to mess things up for us.
big_smile.png
thumbsup.gif

OK, I'm still alive...LOL

Finally got moved, broke the screen on my cell & my son's school computer took a crap. Took me an entire month to get the stupid thing exchanged to get us back online. He didn't even get to finish his last 6 or so assignments to make it to 2nd grade....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

He has to start as a 1st grader for a couple weeks in August to get everything finished because of their delay in replacing his computer. It's too late to even get him into the summer session now. I'm ticked! I started him in online school to avoid exactly this! His teachers at regular school couldn't figure out how to get him to read. I had him completely caught up until a week before the end of the school year when his computer died. They were so slow getting his replacement computer to me that he can't finish now until fall.

Other than that, the ex is completely out of my life now & has been since the move. YAY!!! I've lost very few birds since losing him. I lost a few during the move & 2 due to inclement weather since then, but none due to his negligence like the losses I had when he was here. Plus, the kids & I are so much happier without him around to mess things up for us.
big_smile.png

Glad you are back on the air... glad to see you are starting fresh and things are happier for you!

Stake, thanks :) and about the beehives. I decided I'm gonna research my butt off this winter and learn everything I need to know about keeping bees. In spring I'm getting a hive.

I've hear that guinea keets are really noisy, like on the verge of being peacocks. Is that true? Our Dominique hatched 3 chicks today, i am excited to have broody hens but that left 10 unhatched. There's no way she was going to go sit on the nest anymore. I was thinking of candling them but realized i have no idea what i would be looking for.
hmm.png
I really need to look into getting an incubator. On another note, i'm finding a lot of meat spots in my eggs- anyway to avoid this? I know if i give eggs to someone that isn't in "the know" of chickens i'm sure it would creep them out (it still sort of creeps me out still). Anyone around have fruit trees? I need some advice!

I've hear that [COLOR=333333]guinea keets are really noisy, like on the verge of being peacocks. Is that true? Our Dominique hatched 3 chicks today, i am excited to have broody hens but that left 10 unhatched. There's no way she was going to go sit on the nest anymore. I was thinking of candling them but realized i have no idea what i would be looking for. [/COLOR]:/  I really need to look into getting an incubator. On another note, i'm finding a lot of meat spots in my eggs- anyway to avoid this? I know if i give eggs to someone that isn't in "the know" of chickens i'm sure it would creep them out (it still sort of creeps me out still). Anyone around have fruit trees? I need some advice!

Guineas are really really loud. But it's worth it for their tick and snake fighting abilities.

I've hear that [COLOR=333333]guinea keets are really noisy, like on the verge of being peacocks. Is that true? Our Dominique hatched 3 chicks today, i am excited to have broody hens but that left 10 unhatched. There's no way she was going to go sit on the nest anymore. I was thinking of candling them but realized i have no idea what i would be looking for. [/COLOR]:/  I really need to look into getting an incubator. On another note, i'm finding a lot of meat spots in my eggs- anyway to avoid this? I know if i give eggs to someone that isn't in "the know" of chickens i'm sure it would creep them out (it still sort of creeps me out still). Anyone around have fruit trees? I need some advice!

Guineas are really really loud. But it's worth it for their tick and snake fighting abilities.

My father in law can hear them loud and clear without his hearing aid, and that says a lot since the man can not hear a fire truck....

Me on the other hand, thinks they re great

Back
Top Bottom