Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Off topic, but I'm looking for some recommendations---I've got a shipment of 25 Cornish X's coming August 5th. Does anyone know where a good place to get non-GMO feed might be? I know I'm far away from where most of you live, on this thread, but I'm willing to drive.. I haven't found anywhere near where I live (a few places about 4 hours away in Ohio).

I'm in south central PA!
wee.gif

A big Chester co welcome.....what do you have and what do you want...plenty of folk can help you out!

Off topic, but I'm looking for some recommendations---I've got a shipment of 25 Cornish X's coming August 5th. Does anyone know where a good place to get non-GMO feed might be? I know I'm far away from where most of you live, on this thread, but I'm willing to drive.. I haven't found anywhere near where I live (a few places about 4 hours away in Ohio).

get ahold of Kinmera... she isn't too far from you over the line in NY and I believe she gets feed mixed to her specs, though I don't know if it is certified as organic.

If you find food in the central part of Pa and need transport get back to me... I am central but go to Erie nearly every weekend for camp/fishing and can easily bring a couple hundred pounds north and meet you somewhere near Lake City if it is convenient for you.

Quote:
get ahold of Kinmera... she isn't too far from you over the line in NY and I believe she gets feed mixed to her specs, though I don't know if it is certified as organic.

If you find food in the central part of Pa and need transport get back to me... I am central but go to Erie nearly every weekend for camp/fishing and can easily bring a couple hundred pounds north and meet you somewhere near Lake City if it is convenient for you.

Best advice I can give is actually from DH. He suggests you go to this website http://www.fertrell.com/animalcareproducts.htm and look for a dealer near you. Fertrell is an organic supply company. His training is in agronomy and he used to be the field crop agent advising farmers on fields and forage crops. Anywhere from 50 - 75% of all soybeans and corn is GMO so the only way to ensure non-gmo is to go organic.

The feed I get is not custom mixed - although I've seriously thought about it. NYP is just a local mill that treats me REALLY well and buys from local farmers. They have a 20% protein layer mix that I started feeding my girls and I have to buy it in lots of 500 lbs b/c I want it bagged in 100 lb bags and they normally only do it in 50 lb bags.

I've got goats, and I'm very close to Downingtown.

Things are really stirring up out there.... And I've got chickens to bathe for the Goshen Fair. I do NOT want to be chasing chickens around tomorrow morning, so it looks like I've got to go out in the lightening and thunder and grab me some chooks.

I had fun photographing this Goldfinch. It was very trusting and was only six feet from me.

I've got goats, and I'm very close to Downingtown.

Things are really stirring up out there.... And I've got chickens to bathe for the Goshen Fair. I do NOT want to be chasing chickens around tomorrow morning, so it looks like I've got to go out in the lightening and thunder and grab me some chooks.

Hey B:

Many of us illiterates don't know about the Goshen fair....going to be their if I get directions...

Back
Top Bottom