Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

HELP!!
I can not understand why I am having these second thoughts of selling meat..

Explanation.

Hubby got meat Rabbits from Ray, the first litter is sold before they are even born, my dilemma is that he is selling them to a snake breeder...
Those who know me should understand why it is strange for me to even think twice about this but, I am having issue's with this..
WHY...?
I should be happy that I do not need to process them.

On a chicken note, need idea's for a new roost area, right now I have 2x4 's that are wide side up, there's 3 of these running across the coop, I am not as agile anymore and stepping over things to clean is a pain....does anyone have something that can be easily moved, or put up out of the way for cleaning..

On the bright side, rabbits have no heat cycle, they can breed any time, including right after birthing. I'd sell to a snake breeder, how many do they want and how old?

I have roosts hinged at the wall so that can be lifted up out of the way. Ends sit on blocks on the wall.

Last edited:
I'm told blanch, chill, drain, freeze. Mine turned out lousy when I tried it.

Agreed, not as good as you would think, and it takes up so much more space. Anyone ever tried one of those circular knives that runs down the whole ear in a single pass? Seems like it might waste a lot more, since not every ear has a uniform cob diameter.

HELP!!
I can not understand why I am having these second thoughts of selling meat..

Explanation.

Hubby got meat Rabbits from Ray, the first litter is sold before they are even born, my dilemma is that he is selling them to a snake breeder...
Those who know me should understand why it is strange for me to even think twice about this but, I am having issue's with this..
WHY...?
I should be happy that I do not need to process them.

On a chicken note, need idea's for a new roost area, right now I have 2x4 's that are wide side up, there's 3 of these running across the coop, I am not as agile anymore and stepping over things to clean is a pain....does anyone have something that can be easily moved, or put up out of the way for cleaning..

Ask him if his snakes would eat young birds, I'd love to give away some young cockerels. I don't know any snake breeders, or how to find them.

2x4's are great for roosts, and thick enough to hold a big hinge. I buy used hinges for $1 at the Habitat For Humanity Re-store. Good cause and heavy duty hinges for cheap. Then hinge the roosts so you can push them up, or pull them up with a piece of twine going over a joist or nail up high.

Didn't like it. Crushed the kennels. I prefer a sharp knife.

Mmmmm, creamed corn. My teeth crush the kernels anyway, so that doesn't seem like a big issue if it was less work. By the looks of it, it seemed like it would take a lot of effort to force that thing down the ear.

Personally, I just eat corn-on-the-cob for every meal until it is gone. Maybe wing has too much for even that. Wish I lived closer, that's a good deal.

A while ago someone had posted on here or maybe it was Facebook... don't remember, that they were looking Pekin ducks. I replied back and told them mine were close to laying.... if you are here whoever you were(or if anyone is interested) mine have started laying and I have twelve on the incubator now. I have seen they male mating so I assure some are fertile maybe all, anyhow whatever we hatch will be going to the freezer but if someone wants eggs or ducklings after that I will have them. Oh I am in York county.

Agreed, not as good as you would think, and it takes up so much more space. Anyone ever tried one of those circular knives that runs down the whole ear in a single pass? Seems like it might waste a lot more, since not every ear has a uniform cob diameter.

Never did it myself yet, but mom makes quick work of the freezing by using her electric bread knife.

Back
Top Bottom