Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

thanks danielle, i love her, when i first got her, she was afraid of her own shadow, not to mention everything and everyone else, but she finally came into her own when she was about four, finally figured out we weren't going to let anything hurt her, now she likes everyone. we always had bostons but with my last one was getting on in years i decided i wanted a dog with the "bat" ears, so i saved til i had enough to afford one or two. always hurts to have to put one down but when it comes time to keep them from suffering, i do it even tho my heart hurts for years
hit.gif
almost got a Boston..hahaha, i really like the Brussels Griffins too! look like little old men! hahaha
old.gif
...very cool dogs...anyway...yes, very sad to have to let go of any animal, especially the ones that stay with us for so long. Had to let our E.Springer go 3+years ago,...still get teary eyes when I think about him...such an awesome dog. He helped us train our old-man Pomeranian, Caesar . Now he is looking after his..girlfriend to be..Anastasia(Ana)....can't imagine a house without dogs and don't want to!!

This is probably the world's crappiest thrown together run ever but it'll serve it's purpose. We had to use any scraps we had laying around.

This one is nicknamed "Shackles". Our little splay legged baby. I took off the bandage yesterday evening and he's walking perfectly now
smile.png

This is lucky on the day we almost lost him. He's bounced back and just as silly as all his brothers and sisters
smile.png

Cloud and her brood. She's teaching them how to scratch and dig and search for food. Lucky is that little grey one there
smile.png

"I've got you under my wing" little Cookie and all her babies peeking out.

and the kids are loving every minute of this
smile.png

The girls have been being wonderful mothers so far. They bring their babies out first thing every morning and make sure they're in bed every evening. They've been showing them to scratch and dig and where the food and water is. Cloud attacked the fence today when one of the dogs got too close. Little Cookie is a bit fiesty. She'll attack the fence dividing the broody run if any of Cloud's babies come to close while Cloud seems to pace the other side now and then watching Cookie's babies lol. Ok, I'm done hogging the thread for now
smile.png
Love the pics!! Your run looks great!..there is no-such thing as a "crappy" run or coop..as long as it serves it's purpose...i think it looks really good actually and you reclaimed things..so extra points to you!! It is entertaining to watch mommas teaching the babies...funny

they are so cute!! geesh..something else for me to "think" about for spring! hahaha
jumpy.gif
...i am so very sure that Katherine would LOVE a always-small chicken!! and eggs!!
Cochin bantams are fantastic with kids. Even better if the kids hatch them in an incubator and spoil them from day 1. You should consider getting some eggs in the spring from Wingstone, or Chippysmom, whoever is closer.

Even the roos are nice. I imagine you could get an aggressive roo, but in my experience that is less likely than with silkies. Not that silkies are overly prone to aggression, I've raised dozens of silkie roos and only 2 were people aggressive. Perhaps if I raise that many cochins I'd have found the same thing.

Is anyone interested in a Black Copper Marans roo?? It is the one I posted earlier about... The neighbor says they are fine with him and crowing, but, we live in the middle of town... So we have more than one neighbor :p I would like to find him a nice home. He doesn't have spurs...yet, and he just found his crow... I live in southern Adams county

Back
Top Bottom