Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Being an old recipe, it probably means normal vegetable oil. Personally I would change to olive oil just because I prefer it and it may have health benefits.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean 10-30 motor oil.
smile.png

x2.... I also prefer an Olive Oil, it does well for salad dressings, much less 'heavy' than most of the other oils (unless you have grapeseed oil, which is also good)

Thanks guys, this is all it says.
1 cup oil
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon mustard
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/3 cup honey

No instructions, just ingredients on a ton piece of paper... says dressing on top so he is just assuming that it is the salad dressing that she used to make.

Thanks guys, this is all it says.
1 cup oil
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon mustard
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/3 cup honey

No instructions, just ingredients on a ton piece of paper... says dressing on top so he is just assuming that it is the salad dressing that she used to make.

I would use a corn or Olive oil, and YUM this looks good, I'm going to make it when I get home.

Met @sharon in Uniontown today! I was so excited!!!

My ducks didn't sell, but I did buy a little bantam hen. To keep Shimmer company inside this winter.

Her name's Penny. She's a very healthy girl, about a year old. :)
Pretty sure she's a nankin mix, probably nankin/oegb.

Last edited:

My ducks didn't sell, but I did buy a little bantam hen. To keep Shimmer company inside this winter.

Her name's Penny. She's a very healthy girl, about a year old.
smile.png

frow.gif
or possibly pure old english, had a couple just like her this past summer

@Barbie, Awesome Job! Raccoons Beware!!

@Lisa, you can get Ivermectin at Tractor Supply. I usually up the protein when my birds are molting.

My Devan is doing well, she gets a break over the holidays and has her radiation therapy in January. She is back to work and even got a promotion, good stuff. :D

So glad to hear she is getting better!

Don't these 2 look like they're posing?

Posing yes, and I love the photobomb in the foreground too. Great pic, thanks for sharing!

We routinely give our birds left over carcasses from chicken, turkey or fish.... also dog or cat food on occasion.  I am not a nutritionist by any means, but the only side effect I've noticed is that the birds come to expect treats more often! LOL

a neighbor used black piping (like the 1.5" semi rigid stuff) to heat his pool.  he had like a hundred feet of it and ran it in a serpentine pattern on a south facing slope, it was on a circulation pump that moved the water like once a minute. It was very effective... You could do something similar on a roof.  It wouldn't work all of the time, but you could supplement with a tank heater or something similar for the odd days the set up wouldn't work.  Having a circulator on the tank would help also.
Not gross at all.... nothing more eye opening as to the true nature of our cute little fluffy butts than watching them tear a carcass apart! :eek: :lau

:yesss:

not a sick mind at all!!  A sick mind would give hens particular rooster parts when culling the aggressive ones... :eek: :duc :gig
So glad she is doing well and will have a break over the holidays... congrats on the promotion!

x2.... as far as worming... call around to some local vets to see what it would cost you to have a fecal test done.  It would give you a guideline to determine if worming was needed or not. 

Beautiful shot!  It does look like they are posing and very proud of themselves!  Rightfully so!

They always expect treats! :rolleyes:

Need an answer before noon.
Hubby handed me a slip of paper with a recipe on it... it is a salad dressing his mom made....I never made my own.. all it says is oil......well what kind of oil.
Remember I try to stay away from highly processed things. And wouldn't some oils be over powering?

I Canola imagine what you might need here. Olive a little a just use whatever you have on hand. I couldn't help myself! :oops:

Her name's Penny. She's a very healthy girl, about a year old. :)

She's so cute! What a lovely plumage she has!

Good afternoon:

Here's my little guy at 5wks....not nearly as good looking as Chippy's new girl or Blarney's outstanding orps....he's 3/4ccl and 1/4 BCM and the first 3rd generation chook

labradoodle mama, sorry to be so slow answering your faverolles question. I've only ever noticed this with fav cockerels. While they are figuring out how to crow they make a weird noise sort of like 'snick snick' which I think is probably what you heard The first time I heard it I thought of tapeworm but there was none and he outgrew it.
I think you are right about trying to crow. I was in the coop cleaning the poop board and I heard him make a sound like a half of a crow. Is he around the age to start to crow? He is getting so big and beautiful!! I haven't been on for a couple of days either so I didn't see your post until today. Thanks for the help!

Met [@=/u/1694/sharon]@sharon[/@] in Uniontown today! I was so excited!!! My ducks didn't sell, but I did buy a little bantam hen. To keep Shimmer company inside this winter. Her name's Penny. She's a very healthy girl, about a year old. :) Pretty sure she's a nankin mix, probably nankin/oegb.
:frow or possibly pure old english, had a couple just like her this past summer
Oops, spelled your name wrong! Sorry :( But I'll look into the pure Old English thing. She just looks like a good broody hen to me. Maybe if I'm lucky, she'll sit on eggs next spring or summer :)
@Barbie, Awesome Job! Raccoons Beware!! @Lisa, you can get Ivermectin at Tractor Supply. I usually up the protein when my birds are molting. My Devan is doing well, she gets a break over the holidays and has her radiation therapy in January. She is back to work and even got a promotion, good stuff. :D
So glad to hear she is getting better!
Don't these 2 look like they're posing?
Posing yes, and I love the photobomb in the foreground too. Great pic, thanks for sharing!
We routinely give our birds left over carcasses from chicken, turkey or fish.... also dog or cat food on occasion. I am not a nutritionist by any means, but the only side effect I've noticed is that the birds come to expect treats more often! LOL a neighbor used black piping (like the 1.5" semi rigid stuff) to heat his pool. he had like a hundred feet of it and ran it in a serpentine pattern on a south facing slope, it was on a circulation pump that moved the water like once a minute. It was very effective... You could do something similar on a roof. It wouldn't work all of the time, but you could supplement with a tank heater or something similar for the odd days the set up wouldn't work. Having a circulator on the tank would help also. Not gross at all.... nothing more eye opening as to the true nature of our cute little fluffy butts than watching them tear a carcass apart! :eek: :lau :yesss: not a sick mind at all!! A sick mind would give hens particular rooster parts when culling the aggressive ones... :eek: :duc :gig So glad she is doing well and will have a break over the holidays... congrats on the promotion! x2.... as far as worming... call around to some local vets to see what it would cost you to have a fecal test done. It would give you a guideline to determine if worming was needed or not. Beautiful shot! It does look like they are posing and very proud of themselves! Rightfully so!
They always expect treats! :rolleyes:
Need an answer before noon. Hubby handed me a slip of paper with a recipe on it... it is a salad dressing his mom made....I never made my own.. all it says is oil......well what kind of oil. Remember I try to stay away from highly processed things. And wouldn't some oils be over powering?
I Canola imagine what you might need here. Olive a little a just use whatever you have on hand. I couldn't help myself! :oops:
Met @sharon in Uniontown today! I was so excited!!! My ducks didn't sell, but I did buy a little bantam hen. To keep Shimmer company inside this winter.
Her name's Penny. She's a very healthy girl, about a year old. :) Pretty sure she's a nankin mix, probably nankin/oegb.
She's so cute! What a lovely plumage she has!
Thank you! She's so funny. She definitely lets you know when something is out of the ordinary. She saw the dog when I was carrying her down to the garage for quarentine and went CRAZY.
Good afternoon: Here's my little guy at 5wks....not nearly as good looking as Chippy's new girl or Blarney's outstanding orps....he's 3/4ccl and 1/4 BCM and the first 3rd generation chook
Thanks! Your little guy is too cute! 3rd generation is impressive! I've only hatched eggs from my own birds once.

Found the first egg ever from our CCL's this morning (probably laid yesterday), and another one when I went back to check them this evening.
wee.gif

I stuck those 2 under a broody that seems pretty committed, at least for now. Now I have to decide what to do with new ones that they lay - seems crazy to eat them. The incubators are all shut down for the year. Seems like a good reason to start one back up, what do you think?

Back
Top Bottom