Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I will not buy more chicks. I will not buy more chicks. I will not buy more chicks....

So, um, what do you think these cuties are? Mottled cochins?

How do you all clean up your runs? We had been tossing bedding and grass clippings and straw in to give the chickens stuff to do and help keep it dry when it gets wet and mucky. So my plan was to shovel out the mostly composted stuff and mix it into some soil for the new raised beds. Problem... It's so compacted that I can't really scoop it (even with my new pitch fork). So what's the trick? I feel like I need some kind of heavy duty tiller to break it up, but we don't have that kind of equipment. Maybe I should have been raking and turning it all along, but it just didn't seem that deep and now it's been sitting and compacting all winter.

Emor:

I don't....but mine free range my 1/2 acre....I do have a few pieces of flagstone, a pallet, a log, for the chooks to stay out of the mess...I also put a lot of mulched leaves in there....it sometimes gets messy but it never floods....

Is rose looking for meat or breeders for meat? I have some breeders available. Mixed breed meat.

Not sure, all I know is she had mentioned she had asked Wing about it a while back. I think you could send her a PM. Just being neighborly! ;)

She wants ready for the freezer meat. I had sold all last time before she asked and I have nothing ready till about mid june

Guys... I'm so upset. Chippy was missing today, the only thing I found was a fee feathers. I think it was a fox...
She was 4, and still so healthy. I can't believe she's gone

Back
Top Bottom