Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

here he is chippysmom.

so I figured I'd post a pic of the two little roosters that I got for a two hour drive. The one is in my opinion a rather attractive guy. He crows like the dickens though. The other one. Not nearly as pretty but he doesn't crow at all. Anyone have an ideal why he wouldn't be crowing yet?

he is a RIR about 6 months old and a pain in the but!!

Well at least he's handsome....:)

So under my broodies, I have only 4 eggs left, and probably only three will survive. I originally put 12 under my broody, then split them up when her friend went broody. The other chickens keep stepping on the eggs and the broody or other chickens eat them. :sick. The other night I candled and pulled 4 clears, leaving 6 eggs. This morning, when I lifted up the third broody hen off some of the eggs, one had gotten squished, and another one may have a small shell piece missing, but the membrane looked to be intact. I suspect it won't make it either. :/

The eggs are due to hatch Wednesday or so, but my girls have hatched early. So I closed the door to the coop so the other girls can't get in there and trample the eggs. The other hens will have to lay somewhere else for the next couple days.... :rolleyes:

so I figured I'd post a pic of the two little roosters that I got for a two hour drive. The one is in my opinion a rather attractive guy. He crows like the dickens though. The other one. Not nearly as pretty but he doesn't crow at all. Anyone have an ideal why he wouldn't be crowing yet?

Handsome guys! I would guess that the crowing roo is your alpha. Beta is deferring to him. If you were to remove your alpha then beta will crow.

Back
Top Bottom