Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

16 weeks old, I have both, drakes are starting to mature (pg version )   girls should be getting close also...
Mount Joy, Laancaster county

I knew mount joy sounded familiar I was thinking Pittsburgh, lol, I was way off. I lived in York and Lancaster for a short time. That would be exactly what I'm looking for but we are on opposite sides of the state so it won't be possible. Sorry but thanks anyway.

Last edited:
I agree, swaps can be super aggravating at times. There's one guy that goes to all the swaps that will walk up to you, HAND you money (way less than what you're asking), and TELL you what he's taking. My friend had an americana hen for sale, asking 10 dollars. The guy walks up and says "I'll give you 2 dollars for that hen." My friend said no, so the guy walked away. When he came back around, he walked up to my friend and tried to hand him a 5 dollar bill and said "for that one" and pointed to the americana. He said that he wasn't taking it for 5 and the guy got mad. People can be so aggravating.

On the bright side, I did get a pair of grey calls
smile.png

Thanks again for taking Bino!
i wonder who that man is, is he the one thats kinda short and bald? i think his name is jay, my friend jeff knows him, he buys birds cheap, then shows them as his own, then after all the shows, he resells them, i have no idea for how much, i wouldn't buy off of him after what jeff has told me. but yes, people, some of them that is, not all, are real pains in you know where

16 weeks old, I have both, drakes are starting to mature (pg version )   girls should be getting close also...
Mount Joy, Laancaster county

I knew mount joy sounded familiar I was thinking Pittsburgh, lol, I was way off. I lived in York and Lancaster for a short time. That would be exactly what I'm looking for but we are on opposite sides of the state so it won't be possible. Sorry but thanks anyway.

It's too bad you didn't post a day earlier... chicken train just passed through mount joy, I would have picked him up for you. Not sure when my next trip will be :-(

Question about bringing new birds into the flock... I have my 4 new (adult) hens in the chicken tractor for quarantine, two of them are kind of dirty and one of them has a dirty butt (looks to me like they may have been in a muddy run with a rooster iykwim, lol). I'm going to give them a bath tonight and check out their butts, especially the one with a dirty butt. I was planning to add cayenne to their food since it's supposed to help with cocci (in case that's the cause of the dirty butt and also just because the bateria on my yard is different from what they are used to). Anything else I should check for or special herbs or anything I should feed them?

Typical quarantine is 2 weeks, right? Romeo already broke out of his run today to try to meet the new girls, lol.

I have been away from this page for way to long. In January The neighbor stopped feeding 2 of her dogs and let them loose. they killed 5 of my eight chickens. I caught one and called dog catcher he picked her up and went out for the other one. Told me he would file charges but she denied the dogs and nothing was done.
Then in May her Pit Bull got out and killed the rest of them. Luckily the one just hatched out 8 chicks. 3 survived and in that we have two hens and a roo. they are no longer free range and I will never get anything from that woman as dog catcher wont file and magistrate said dog catcher has to file. I was very distraught in losing our Amerucanas . but now the chicks have grown and in a kennel. I must build a coop to keep them warm this winter as they use to stay in carport.
So anyway I want to try to keep up and let you all know my progress on coop. I met 3riverschicks husband yesterday and he gave me some ideas on my coop. Will post pics once i get started.

I have been away from this page for way to long. In January The neighbor stopped feeding 2 of her dogs and let them loose. they killed 5 of my eight chickens. I caught one and called dog catcher he picked her up and went out for the other one. Told me he would file charges but she denied the dogs and nothing was done.
Then in May her Pit Bull got out and killed the rest of them. Luckily the one just hatched out 8 chicks. 3 survived and in that we have two hens and a roo. they are no longer free range and I will never get anything from that woman as dog catcher wont file and magistrate said dog catcher has to file. I was very distraught in losing our Amerucanas . but now the chicks have grown and in a kennel. I must build a coop to keep them warm this winter as they use to stay in carport.
So anyway I want to try to keep up and let you all know my progress on coop. I met 3riverschicks husband yesterday and he gave me some ideas on my coop. Will post pics once i get started.
So sorry for your losses. I think you need to shoot, shovel and shut up. I hate to say that, since I love dogs and it isn't the dog's fault. I hope you won't have any more problems with the neighbor's dogs.

I agree, swaps can be super aggravating at times. There's one guy that goes to all the swaps that will walk up to you, HAND you money (way less than what you're asking), and TELL you what he's taking. My friend had an americana hen for sale, asking 10 dollars. The guy walks up and says "I'll give you 2 dollars for that hen." My friend said no, so the guy walked away. When he came back around, he walked up to my friend and tried to hand him a 5 dollar bill and said "for that one" and pointed to the americana. He said that he wasn't taking it for 5 and the guy got mad. People can be so aggravating. On the bright side, I did get a pair of grey calls :) Thanks again for taking Bino!
i wonder who that man is, is he the one thats kinda short and bald? i think his name is jay, my friend jeff knows him, he buys birds cheap, then shows them as his own, then after all the shows, he resells them, i have no idea for how much, i wouldn't buy off of him after what jeff has told me. but yes, people, some of them that is, not all, are real pains in you know where
No, that's not the guy I'm talking about. Are you talking about the one that had the rows of cages on the ground under the canopy/pavillion thing down by the concession end of the barn? I always thought he bred bantam cochins, got a pair off him last year. Hmm... :(

Back
Top Bottom