Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

No, that's not the guy I'm talking about. Are you talking about the one that had the rows of cages on the ground under the canopy/pavillion thing down by the concession end of the barn? I always thought he bred bantam cochins, got a pair off him last year. Hmm...
sad.png
i'm pretty sure thats the one, his name is jay according to jeff my friend, he knows him well, says he goes around buying birds from other people, showing them as his own then reselling them after the shows are all over. as for the cochins, he probably bought them from someone else, course jeff will sometimes buy from him if he likes the bird

ITS RAINING HERE YEAAAAAA

Anyone have any ideas of where to get some turkens. I am very interested in finding a few but it seems like the only way is if I buy 25 plus. Any ideas will help. I live around the barto area.

Question about bringing new birds into the flock... I have my 4 new (adult) hens in the chicken tractor for quarantine, two of them are kind of dirty and one of them has a dirty butt (looks to me like they may have been in a muddy run with a rooster iykwim, lol). I'm going to give them a bath tonight and check out their butts, especially the one with a dirty butt. I was planning to add cayenne to their food since it's supposed to help with cocci (in case that's the cause of the dirty butt and also just because the bateria on my yard is different from what they are used to). Anything else I should check for or special herbs or anything I should feed them?

Typical quarantine is 2 weeks, right? Romeo already broke out of his run today to try to meet the new girls, lol.

Emore:

I think 2wks might be a bit short....some of the NPIP folks can quote you the 'regs' but if memory serves,,,its 30days...

I haven't gone out & picked them out yet, but by the time you deliver my roo you will have more than just those 5 to add to your flock...lol

Thank you Silkie! My girls are in heaven having chicks again. It was more than I was expecting, we'll have a nice full coop again soon!

You are very welcome. I still have about 25 that size, plus tiny ones in the brooder & more hatching. Hopefully they can add some color to your coop & egg basket both.

Question about bringing new birds into the flock... I have my 4 new (adult) hens in the chicken tractor for quarantine, two of them are kind of dirty and one of them has a dirty butt (looks to me like they may have been in a muddy run with a rooster iykwim, lol). I'm going to give them a bath tonight and check out their butts, especially the one with a dirty butt. I was planning to add cayenne to their food since it's supposed to help with cocci (in case that's the cause of the dirty butt and also just because the bateria on my yard is different from what they are used to). Anything else I should check for or special herbs or anything I should feed them?

Typical quarantine is 2 weeks, right? Romeo already broke out of his run today to try to meet the new girls, lol.

Check for mites & lice. Treat as needed. Always a good idea to treat for worms. My chicks haven't been on the ground yet unless they escaped my outdoor brooder but always double check, even the little ones like mine. Minimum 14 days quarantine. 30 is best, but not always possible.

I didn't get home til 4am. After meeting @emorems0 in Steubenville to pick up the lavender orp roo from @chiques chicks I had to go to Paris, Oh to wait for my oldest to get off work at 11pm & drop him off at his dad's on my way home. His dad's is half way between my place & his but added 3 hours to my drive time of just coming back home from Steubenville. That kid is lucky Mommy loves him.

Wonky, cc's roo, is still in the back of my truck since it was raining when we got home. I just lifted the door on the cap so he could have fresh air. He's outside my bathroom window crowing his wonky trilling crow. I'll definitely be able to tell him from the other boys...lol

Back
Top Bottom