Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I'll definitely keep you in mind. Any pics you'd care to share?

I'll have to get out there and get a few good ones but here are a couple. I have some ameraucana/rhodebar chicks in the brooder now.

And this is Rosco, my Rhodebar rooster

I'll have to get out there and get some more pictures later. I cleared my memory card on my tablet not long ago and haven't taken many more lol.

I'll have to get out there and get a few good ones but here are a couple. I have some ameraucana/rhodebar chicks in the brooder now.

And this is Rosco, my Rhodebar rooster

I'll have to get out there and get some more pictures later. I cleared my memory card on my tablet not long ago and haven't taken many more lol.
I really like the look of that rooster!
My plan so far is to hatch out a half dozen or so LF eggs (not sure my little banty hen can effectively incubate more than that), keep the pullets to replace my buffs and a couple other hens, and eat however many roosters hatch. Might keep a roo like that one though. Does he crow a whole lot?

Not a whole lot. Only when the others start a crowing contest lol. I went out and took a few more pictures.

This is Bandit, ameraucana rooster and some of the ameraucana hens. A few are missing their beards. Since I give fermented feed, sometimes it gets stuck in their beards and everyone else picks it out for them.

Rosco and other flock members

The other rooster in this picture (Dexter) is another possible daddy but he's lowest on the totem pole. I believe he's a silkie/marans cross.

Rhodebar pullets Roxy and Diva

Wow, the silver penciled rock babies are so big now. All your roosters are very handsome.

They did grow very fast and into beautiful girls :) I named them Ana and Elsa lol. What better names for sisters.

Thank you! I happen to agree that my roosters are handsome boys
1f60a.png
that's how they manage to get away with all their shenanigans lol

Last edited:
Not a whole lot. Only when the others start a crowing contest lol. I went out and took a few more pictures.

This is Bandit, ameraucana rooster and some of the ameraucana hens. A few are missing their beards. Since I give fermented feed, sometimes it gets stuck in their beards and everyone else picks it out for them.

Rosco and other flock members

The other rooster in this picture (Dexter) is another possible daddy but he's lowest on the totem pole. I believe he's a silkie/marans cross.

Rhodebar pullets Roxy and Diva

Thanks so much, you didn't have to run out there to get pics instantly!

Great looking birds, and I'm definitely interested in some hatching eggs. I'll toss a PM at you when the time comes OK? Any idea how much you'll want for a dozen of those eggs?

@fisherlady you know I couldn't let that happen with just any rooster! It rarely even crosses my mind that Steven might hurt Duckling. Yesterday however, when he was so close to her (he's never stood still anywhere near her) I was really grateful that you do not breed mean birds. He really is big compared to her!

@fisherlady you know I couldn't let that happen with just any rooster! It rarely even crosses my mind that Steven might hurt Duckling. Yesterday however, when he was so close to her (he's never stood still anywhere near her) I was really grateful that you do not breed mean birds. He really is big compared to her!
They are adorable! Both the girl and the chickens.

They are looking good! I am so happy she enjoys helping with the birds and doubly happy that Steven behaves himself around her!

Back
Top Bottom