Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Newport, Perry County, Pa

Brand new to the chicken life! 3 ISA Brown and 2 Amberlink pullets (so say TSC), 1 each straight run Cornish Rock and Red Ranger. Just purchased on Friday. Hoping for hens so my "meat" birds can live out their time as poor, but happy, layers!!

Newport, Perry County, Pa

Brand new to the chicken life! 3 ISA Brown and 2 Amberlink pullets (so say TSC), 1 each straight run Cornish Rock and Red Ranger. Just purchased on Friday. Hoping for hens so my "meat" birds can live out their time as poor, but happy, layers!!

Welcome from Cambria county! We had out your way a couple times a year for feed :)

Last edited:
So, final count on the white laced red Cornish is 0 for 2 :( I found her dead under the MHP this morning. I think she was just too small and too weak to handle cuddling up with the other chicks. She was so unhappy inside though and wanted to be with her friends. I am regretting trying out this color now and wish I would have just gotten 3 dark Cornish instead of 2 WLR Cornish and 1 dark Cornish.

I would make a point of contacting the hatchery about them dying also...they should be made aware there is an issue with their breeding stock if the chicks are too weak to survive.

My second order of Ameraucanas from John Blehm are arriving today !!
wee.gif

A lot of bantam Lavender Ameraucanas in this shipment. I hope they all arrive safely in this chilly weather.

On a related note, I am hatching *lots* of Blue and Black Ameraucanas. if anyone close to Pottstown is interested, I will make you a great deal on some. They are good 4-H birds, if you know anyone in 4-H looking for showable chicks.

Back
Top Bottom