Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

like I am gonna bring a water sys in every eve lol I am gonna stick to the 5 gal/2GAL buckets ideas
That's all that runs this system is a bucket. Run a hose from the bucket to the pipeline. Nipples on the large pipe and away we go.
smile.png

I know everyone likes to make things as easy as possible, but I will stick to my system of carry jugs of water out to fill the waterers, it gives me the chance to walk around and take a good look at everything, if I had an automatic system I would miss alot of the little things that I spot while filling water.

Quote: I know but all I see is FROZENNESS! I had one heck of a time until I learned to just take fresh ones down in the morning and bring the dirty frozen ones up for a good soak and clean every eve. I broke and wasted alot of money on waterers too.... I guess u could heat tape the pvc

Chad do you have any pics of elvis, I would really like to see him grow...
If you are going to the meeting that heather talks about I can bring some quail along.

Sally , I move the waterers inside the coop for the winter and wrap the bottom of the coop with straw bales, I very seldom have frozen water.

Last edited:
@patricks, I have 2 5 gallon buckets with those nipples on them.....I've tried everything and they leak! I have a kids sandbox underneath to catch the water...and honestly...the chickens ignore them and wait till they go outside to use the outside waterer anyway.

Chad do you have any pics of elvis, I would really like to see him grow...
If you are going to the meeting that heather talks about I can bring some quail along.

Sally , I move the waterers inside the coop for the winter and wrap the bottom of the coop with straw bales, I very seldom have frozen water.
I put them inside already and this time we have a light on timer so it will be under it. but lugging water still stinks!

Back
Top Bottom