Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Spent yesterday fixing up the outside run the Pencil Rocks use. It is under roof (we added a couple of months ago) but gets water/run off pretty bad during wet periods so I wanted to gravel it.
We dug out trenches between the roof support posts and buried railroad ties to act as edges. I had 10 ton of gravel delivered Friday to use for the driveway and other planned projects. It took about 1500 lb to fill in the area we had under roof.
The end result was 2 very muddy chicken people and a flock of dry footed Pencil Rocks. Our dog Dillon approved also, he hates getting his paws wet and always made a big production of high stepping through the area before.

The rooster laid claim to the cut ends from the RR ties...lol

Ok is anyone traveling anywhere near McVeytown to Cabelas in Hamburg if anyone knows anyone who is traveling in that area please pm me and if they would be able to pick up some eggs or chicks thank you in advance

Thank you. I had to look closely as I work at Gardners Landscape Nursery. Thought you were posting from the store!

me too!, there was somebody from Gardner's that want to start a chicken workshop...but never materialized....the shops in the area are PickeringValley feed on RT113, AgWay right off #202, Toby's on #352 1/2 way to Media, and the best(price wise) is TSC right near the end of #30 Bypass...

Ok is anyone traveling anywhere near McVeytown to Cabelas in Hamburg if anyone knows anyone who is traveling in that area please pm me and if they would be able to pick up some eggs or chicks thank you in advance

Humm, something tells me you've been talking to Sally??? She has some really nice birds!

We had 2 hens hatch out broods last Thursday, got a few pictures yesterday while working out in the chicken yard.

And one young rooster who was doing his darndest to convince the hens he had found the bestest brooding box ever!
lau.gif

Ok, so Mindy is now accepted into the Broody hall of Fame?

That was me, and we did organize a Coop Snoop & Garden tour. Proceeds went to Chester Springs Library.

You will be happy to know that soon we will have our very own Tractor Supply store on rt 113 where the old Redners Mkt. was.

Back
Top Bottom