Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

So since I'm new, I was wondering what an "ovation" means? I get the emails from BYC saying that someone has given me an ovation. Thanks :)

Someone felt a post you made was either helpful or nice or funny or in some way stood out, so they clicked on the green 'thumbs up' symbol on the bottom right corner of the box the post shows in...this provides the ovation. If you go to your profile page you will see a list of items to the left of your picture...one of them is 'ovations'....click on it and it will open a page which lists any you have given or received.

who knew?! Not me! Thanks Fluffybutt for asking and Fisherlady for answering!

I really have stuff I should be doing right now. I'm supposed to be getting the coop ready to switch to sand but instead of been reading random topics on here all morning! Don't want to go out in the cold!

Someone felt a post you made was either helpful or nice or funny or in some way stood out, so they clicked on the green 'thumbs up' symbol on the bottom right corner of the box the post shows in...this provides the ovation. If you go to your profile page you will see a list of items to the left of your picture...one of them is 'ovations'....click on it and it will open a page which lists any you have given or received.
Thanks for letting me know! I'll start giving people ovations now!

I really have stuff I should be doing right now. I'm supposed to be getting the coop ready to switch to sand but instead of been reading random topics on here all morning! Don't want to go out in the cold!

I highly suggest sand on the bottom and pine shavings or a droppings board under their perches. I finally switched from hay (yuck!) to sand and shavings. Haven't had to clean the coop in a few months. Much better than once a week! Smells much better too!

this is my snow shoveler... oh wait, that's me. Yep, I be doing all the shoveling around here. In my fashionable attire. Wish I had Bobrut's shovel lol

clap.gif
I have some work for you to do! LOL!

Duckling had to wear a helmet to get eggs yesterday. The snow was hitting her in the face and eyes earlier, and it obviously hurt. I still had to get her through some of the drifts. They were to her chest.

I hear ya! I don't do counts at night. My ducks are loud enough if I go near. They would let me know if something were inside, and the ducks are the last ones in at night. This morning I discovered my extra rooster with five girls at the side of the house. They are protected in a "L" of the house,, and there is a central air unit to hide behind or under. I checked feet and combs. All seems okay. When they still wouldn't leave the area after a few more hours, I brought them loaded hot oatmeal. I will carry them to the coop in the next two hours if I have to. Better now than in the dark.

Thanks for letting me know! I'll start giving people ovations now! 

I highly suggest sand on the bottom and pine shavings or a droppings board under their perches. I finally switched from hay (yuck!) to sand and shavings. Haven't had to clean the coop in a few months. Much better than once a week! Smells much better too!

Thanks for the tip! We did a patch of sand in the coop first to see what they thought and liked it. Have my chicks on sand now and just have to sift it out which is nice and the kids don't complain lol. Looking forward to the whole coop getting switched over. My husband is reconstructing a tree (well treeish) for roost so we'll probably try the shavings around it!

You are very welcome...and FYI, the more ovations you receive the more the ones you give are 'worth'. When you first start out the ones you give are worth '1point' each. As your own received ovations increase the ones you give increase in value. Some members have ovations worth '5points' each. Ovations themselves have no value other than it is a nice way to show you appreciate someone else's contributions. This makes them fun to give and receive.
There is a limit in how many you can give in a day...something like 10 maybe? I'm not sure on the number...

Thanks for the tip! We did a patch of sand in the coop first to see what they thought and liked it. Have my chicks on sand now and just have to sift it out which is nice and the kids don't complain lol. Looking forward to the whole coop getting switched over. My husband is reconstructing a tree (well treeish) for roost so we'll probably try the shavings around it!
You're welcome! IMO more people should do that instead of hay or straw for the floor of the coop. Much cleaner and better for the chickens! And good idea with the tree-ish perch. We used actual tree branches for their perches and they love it!

You are very welcome...and FYI, the more ovations you receive the more the ones you give are 'worth'. When you first start out the ones you give are worth '1point' each. As your own received ovations increase the ones you give increase in value. Some members have ovations worth '5points' each. Ovations themselves have no value other than it is a nice way to show you appreciate someone else's contributions. This makes them fun to give and receive.
There is a limit in how many you can give in a day...something like 10 maybe? I'm not sure on the number...
Thanks for the info!
hugs.gif

The package says it's still in Philly! :/.

Back
Top Bottom