Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Here is a little more help.

That's what I was thinking, the more videos I see of these show birds the more I'm just like "Ohhhhh my god yeah let's wait a while before we do that!" I'll see what I get out of my order and once I need more I'll be breeding and hatching my own so maybe I'll get a few good birds, who knows?

I'm a huge fan of the SLW so I might wind up going just with them but idk. Ugh I hate not having my mind made up!
D.gif

At least I'm only having issues with color patterns and not two different breeds lol. My mom and I are gonna be heading out to our feed mill to take a look and see what they have for chick equipment this afternoon. (We still need a brooder box and heat lamps, etc. I think we might have the right lamps but I know we'll need the bulbs). Well, and some help with the order form. They have a store special for getting started but I'm not entirely sure if you can do multiple specials since I wanted more than 10 chicks.

I gott my SLW from Jerry Foley and she is beyond beautiful. She is at the bottom of the pecking order even though she is HUGE--a bit bigger than my English Orpingtons!

Give him some time... he'll come around ;) You have to go slowly at first... turkeys are next, then goats, then cows!

That's right! Speaking of which, hubby said that he wants a couple goats....

Going to try this on my hubby!!! Still working on turkeys

Once you get turkeys, you will never want to be without them. They are such sweet and personable birds. I love mine to death!

I have 12 Wyandotte chicks right now. Love them! I have silver, blue, gold, black/red, and one splash. They definitely make a pretty little flock!

That's awesome! I've been considering whether or not I want to have a big old mix of them or just stick to one color pattern for now. I'm also wondering how one gets into showing chickens so that's also why I'm thinking if I want to stick to one color or not. Once I saw a few videos of them strutting their stuff and found out how winter resistant they are I fell in love.

I'm also debating whether I want to wait around for the Blue Laced Red to come in or not.... Oley Feed Mill isn't going to get those particular birds in until after May. :idunno  Keith (My boyfriend) said that'll give us plenty of time to get the coop built but I think I've caught chicken fever! 

11 hours ago, you posted 'I don't have any chickens yet', six hours ago you put your order in....I think that was the fastest enabling I have ever seen on this thread. Pretty funny.

Poultryshowcentral.com is the place to go for any poultry show information that you need. You can find nearby shows, read how to prepare your birds for show, etc.

:welcome

Here are my boys Ford and Stetson! Both are up and crying for apples and raisins today! Little guy is super friendly now. Big Stetson still won't let me touch him unless I have a treat but at least he's standing. I've been out by them for a couple hours and no coughing. Found someone to come out and check them out.

so great to see them up and around! If you're interested in showing, 4-H is another great place to get started.

I'm in trouble when hubby gets home (unless by some miracle he doesn't look in the brooder). I went into tractor supply without adult supervision tonight and these 6 little meaties were all that were left. I couldn't just leave without them! They've made themselves at home already, all stretched out and napping :)

Back
Top Bottom