Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Cool, I will cook some up for the hubs and see how he likes them. He loves mushroom stuffs.

I'd mail some if I thought they'd make it!

Thanks for the tip. All of mine are hollow. And they did seem to appear very quickly.

Since I am in the Mushroom Capital of the World, I feel obliged to give you a local quote. "All Mushrooms are edible; but some only once."

It is normal for them to start wanting to roost some where 'up'...make them a training roost 4-6 inches high out of scrap wood. Short pieces of 2x4 on their side for the ends with a piece of 2x4 laid flat across works well. Just screw it together...if they are in a cage or cardboard box you can run a broomstick or piece of 1x2 wood across the whole thing at a low height, just make sure the roost is slightly higher than the feeder.

Okie dokie I can give that a try. They're in a 100gal stock tank so I'll see what I can come up with, we have some scrap wood pieces from the coop that I might be able to nab.

Just giving shout to my PA state thread. I am in Lehigh County, and
the back of my property is the edge of Berks County. It's beautiful
here near the Kittatinny Ridge. We are right on the hawk and eagle
migratory flyway, so I have wire covers over my chicken run! Howdy
to all you PA chook lovers .
woot.gif

to all you PA chook lovers .:woot

Hi! Welcome to our little corner of the Web!

to all you PA chook lovers .:woot

Hey county neighbor! I'm down here in SE Berks!

to all you PA chook lovers .
woot.gif

Howdy from Chester Co.....I too am on the Hawk migratory path about 40mi south of you,,,,,even get the occasional Bald Eagles come through.....

Do you have chickens just starting to lay? They often lay a very small egg the first time
and I've heard it called a Fairy Egg.
smile.png
I thought of that but no, they shouldn't start laying until this fall! I also thought maybe one of my older girls laid a weird egg but I don't think so. That egg looked and felt just like the robin eggs we have found in various places around our house. Twice they went in our dryer tube to build a nest and lay eggs! We have that sealed off now, so I guess the robin decided to try our coop! Strange!
idunno.gif

More pictures! This is our favorite rooster, Triton! We thought he was a BO + RIR mix but he is starting to get some small white spots so he may be a BO + Speckled Sussex mix. Either way, he is the prettiest rooster we have ever had! We're trying to handle him a lot so we don't have any issues when he gets older!

I need to take some more pictures of 2 other chickens for some advice - one old girl with some deformity on her rear end, and one young roo with weird eyes. So there will be more pictures soon :)

Back
Top Bottom