Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

So, I can't imagine being a chicken, laying eggs nearly every day, especially when they lay eggs like this... yikes! Our poor little EE laid this yesterday. Her bum probably hurts!
IMG_1180.JPG

Hey guys, need some help. 1st time ive had a chick hatch in my coop. my 1year old silkie became broody about a month ago. Of 7 eggs only one hatched last night/today. I went to check on it and it appears its head is twisted back and to rhe side. Is this normal, is she/he suffering. How can i help it. Of course i am working 3 -12 hour shifts for the weekend. So my time is limitted on how much i can do for it. But i couldn't live with myself if it is suffering. Please help.

Hi everyone :)

Just popping into say hello to my fellow Pennsylvanians! Brand new goose mom attempting to figure out what I'm doing lol

Welcome from Cambria county!

Hey guys, need some help. 1st time ive had a chick hatch in my coop. my 1year old silkie became broody about a month ago. Of 7 eggs only one hatched last night/today. I went to check on it and it appears its head is twisted back and to rhe side. Is this normal, is she/he suffering. How can i help it. Of course i am working 3 -12 hour shifts for the weekend. So my time is limitted on how much i can do for it. But i couldn't live with myself if it is suffering. Please help.

You can use an eye dropper to give it some selenium and vitamin water. I had a poult with wry neck like this recover after 3 doses.

Hi everyone :)

Just popping into say hello to my fellow Pennsylvanians! Brand new goose mom attempting to figure out what I'm doing lol

Wow I would love to have some geese! How are they compared to a chicken or a duck? Don't they fly away with the others in the fall migration?

The other egg is chirping like crazy. Do I have to make air hole because of bad humidity do you think?

I'm not sure. Did you put it under a different broody or is it under a heat lamp? Is it cracking the shell at all?

Looks like wry neck. Look it up on BYC, there is a lot of information about it and I believe it is curable. Good luck, keep us posted!

Back
Top Bottom