Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

How do you guys sell eggs? I have 3 dozen, almost 4 dozen in my fridge now and nobody will come take them. Why do people think fresh eggs are gross compared to the old store bought eggs?! :barnie

How do you guys sell eggs? I have 3 dozen, almost 4 dozen in my fridge now and nobody will come take them. Why do people think fresh eggs are gross compared to the old store bought eggs?! :barnie
I take a half dozen to work and give them to a friend. Tell them they are free-range or cage-free (as the case may be) from happy hens. Ask them compare them to their regular eggs. They can do the rest via office gossip.

I take a half dozen to work and give them to a friend. Tell them they are free-range or cage-free (as the case may be) from happy hens. Ask them compare them to their regular eggs. They can do the rest via office gossip.

That's a good idea. I'll start referring the eggs as free-range now. But I don't work in an office. I work from home then some days on a horse boarding farm. Nobody seems interested. I'm just frustrated. How long can eggs sit in a fridge? I think the oldest is a month now. I read an article that store bought eggs are about 6 months old by the time it reaches the store's shelves. :sick

Just like drugs, the first one is free! Haha, seriously though, just ask friends and family if they would like to try some. Is there a health food store or gym you could put up a small advertisement on a peg board? How about Craigslist?

Agreed! Samples are excellent to show people the difference. Health conscious people know the difference.

So my little weak chick is still little, but she is doing fine. She is clearly the runt, and I will keep her for sure. I think Runt may be her name. You can see her in the middle of the pictures, how she is much smaller compared to the others. Also, you can tell by how her wing feathers have not come in yet. I wonder if she will have problems when she is an adult, or if she is just taking her time...

Attachments

• WP_20170531_07_09_16_Rich.jpg
    WP_20170531_07_09_16_Rich.jpg
    781.3 KB · Views: 4
  • WP_20170531_07_09_20_Rich.jpg
    WP_20170531_07_09_20_Rich.jpg
    968.8 KB · Views: 4
  • WP_20170531_07_09_24_Rich.jpg
    WP_20170531_07_09_24_Rich.jpg
    1,007 KB · Views: 4
Welcome from Pittsburgh proper! So, what breeds are your 4 (or 8) chicks, and where did you get them? There are some great enablers here if you're ever looking for more, too. ;)

Welcome from Pittsburgh proper! So, what breeds are your 4 (or 8) chicks, and where did you get them? There are some great enablers here if you're ever looking for more, too. ;)
LOL! My husband already keeps telling me NO MORE CHICKENS! He wants to put my picture in Tractor Supply so they won't let me in the store to shop anymore ;) I have 2 barred rocks, one of which I suspected from fairly early was a roo so my Dixie Chick will probably end up being Mr. Dick and the other is Big Mama... also a white leghorn (Henrietta) and a golden comet (Poppy) the sweetest little chic there ever was! This week my new babies coming will be 2 Easter eggers (peep and myrtle) a silver laced Wyandotte (Lacey) and a welsummer (mother ginger). I tell my husband and kids.. you've all been replaced! LOL this is what my life has become ;)
[QUOTE

I pawn them off on all my family and neighbors. We don't sell them though. Even getting near a dozen a day, we have no trouble getting rid of them lol. I agree with what others have said. Give out samples and post on Craigslist or pennswoods.net

View attachment 1026679
It was adorable when a 2-week-old Pekin pair took over brooding a bunch of SPR chicks that were a week older. The three poults came along, and though 1-2 weeks older and bigger, they too looked to the duck pair. Now Sabrina is raising... a brother? Maybe an uncle. :lau Idk!

That's hilarious :lau

Back
Top Bottom