Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Hey guys, I'm trying to play catch-up on the thread. But, I need to make sure I ask if anyone would like some Calico Bantam Cochin. I hatched more than I can keep and though they are so adorable, I have silkies and showgirls in the bator. Oh and I have D'uccles also that are really getting big.

View attachment 1085704
View attachment 1085705 View attachment 1085706

Well as long as they have shade, and water, they should do ok. My chickens do pant and hang their wings occasionally but that's normal. I think you can also make a frozen treat for them, like seeds frozen in a block of ice?

I freeze cupcake molds of berries and veggies.

I bought a kiddie pool to put in the run with just a couple inches of water. We will see how that goes. Mine have never had that before and not sure they will utilize it to cool off their legs.

Our Lavender Ameracauna has continued to be broody. I swear it's because she's too lazy to lay eggs for us. She probably did for 4 weeks last year and 4 weeks this year. Anyone interested in a beautiful pain in my neck? I hatched her out of Garry Farm eggs.[/QUOTE]

Beautiful!!!!

I am not sure, I will have to look it up.

Thankfully, her foot looked a bit better last night, not as angry and swollen. I can see she still has a bit of swelling in between her two toes. I think this is the last kernel, and I hope it will come out from the top like the other one did. That's spot is healing nicely. She will have to hang on for a few days. I think she will be fine.

I don't use vetericyn often since I don't get many wounded animals. But it's interesting to see it mentioned in the article. :lol: I feel like I knew a great secret!

Pssst.... It's Tuesday. Tomorrow is Wednesday! I'm heading over to see Dheltzel today... :cool: My husband and his friend and gonna kill me by the time w get up there. They are not used to having stinky chickens in the car. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom