Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Welcome from Cambria county!

Oh no! It happens though. I use the hatch a batch app to keep my hatches organized and get reminders to lockdown and everything. I had my own incubator issue the other day. Came home from a family reunion to find that an egg went bad and broke in the bator. The room finally doesn't sink anymore but the bator does :/ YUCK! We'll 3 try again with the AC in the spring. Maybe I'll be able to send some chicks on the chicken train.

I'm sorry about your weekend, it sounds awful! My mom gets poison ivy really bad. I'm amazed (and thankful) that I haven't gotten it at all this year (yet). My back stated giving me trouble yesterday too. It's even worse this morning. My bulldog mix was having trouble with her joints this weekend and couldn't get up on her own so we've been carrying her outside and back in every time she needs out and she's a solid dog. I think she's the reason I can't move now but at least she's finally feeling good enough to hobble out and back in on her own lol.

Maybe some chicks in the spring would be great. One chick popped out overnight, hopefully I will have a couple more when I get home. I just need 3-4 for my broody girls! I hope you can bleach that bator when you are done! Sounds nasty...

Ugh, this bout with poison ivy is a doozy. Apparently, the vines and roots are much worse than just the leaves, and if you don't clean it off in the firs 10 minutes it bonds to to your skin. So even after three washes with poison ivy soap and a washcloth, I still had a major outbreak. Oh well, it will go away eventually.

anybody recommend one bred of turkeys over another? Thinking of picking up a couple or three, damn chicken math!

Just save yourself some time and get them all! I started out with Midget whites (4) last year. Now I have 8, and that is after a couple were taken by predators. they are best if you can hand raise them, however.

Most heritage turkeys are basically the same (unless you go for midgets or palms since they tend to be a bit smaller). Pretty much find the color you like and go from there. If you think chicken math is bad, just wait until the turkey math really starts! My origional plan was only about 4-5 turkeys. I have 10 adults and 6 littles right now lol

Speaking of turkeys, @MotorcycleChick , Sabrina is out with the flock now. She's still finding her place but she's doing good. I'll try to get a picture for you later on. She went in with everyone at bedtime with no issues last night and came out with everyone for breakfast this morning so I think she's pretty content. She'll be happier once she makes a couple friends.

X2! Dhletzel was right again, they are such sweethearts. Glad Sabrina has some buddies now!

Are any of you guys selling a mallard drake less then a year old (juvenile) because recently my ducks companion died due to a Fox attack and she has been extremely depressed. If you do plz reply :) Thanks.

Don't kill 'em yet. Is there enough room and airflow in quarantine? It could simply be dust, feed dust, or an allergy to the bedding.
Try some Vet Rx. It's like Vicks, only totally safe. You can put it in their water, under their wings, and a drop on their beak.
In the water, it is able to get into their nostrils when they drink. Under their wings, they will breathe it in when they sleep.

:lau
I did what you suggested. Hoping it helps. They are great little birds and i don't want to sell them if I have to worry about them carrying anything. Im glad i quarantined them from the start. Everyone has been healthy but this week its just one thing after another!

Are any of you guys selling a mallard drake less then a year old (juvenile) because recently my ducks companion died due to a Fox attack and she has been extremely depressed. If you do plz reply :) Thanks.
Too bad. Someone dropped a Pekin and two mallard drakes off here a while back. I sent them to Alabama.
IMG_3291.JPG

I was outside earlier, trying to get some good pictures to enter in the Other Poultry calender. I picked these two to enter:

IMG_2183.JPG

IMG_2164.JPG

I liked this picture of Romeo a lot better but everything in the backround ruined it. He wouldn't stop watching me and following me and the geese wouldn't stop herding him lol

IMG_2165.JPG

And 3 guesses who wanted to be the center of attention here lol

IMG_2145.JPG
IMG_2181.JPG
IMG_2182.JPG

Oh my goodness!! Those geese are gorgeous! And so nosy, haha! Is Romeo the goose or the turkey?

Do you need a pond for geese as you do with ducks?

Thank You! Romeo is the turkey lol. We do not have a pond yet but our ducks and geese seem happy all the same. We're working on digging out a pond for them right now, but they're happy with a 5 gallon bucket to dunk their heads in and we use a small tub full of water for them to splash around in.

IMG_20170814_081052_resized.jpg
@Auroradream26 love the geese Pictures! Lol

We are heading home from a 3 day camp weekend...took the dogs out with us today since weather was great and they enjoyed some boat time, they are loving the new boat, especially *their* own special doghouse ( known as a cabin by us mere humans).
We had our limit by 1015 so it wasn't a long day for them, but they enjoyed it anyways...
20170814_170726_resized.jpg

IMG_20170814_081039_resized.jpg

View attachment 1110756 @Auroradream26 love the geese Pictures! Lol

We are heading home from a 3 day camp weekend...took the dogs out with us today since weather was great and they enjoyed some boat time, they are loving the new boat, especially *their* own special doghouse ( known as a cabin by us mere humans).
We had our limit by 1015 so it wasn't a long day for them, but they enjoyed it anyways...
View attachment 1110747
View attachment 1110751

Looks like it was a great weekend! Glad everyone had a good time (especially the dogs :))

Back
Top Bottom