Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Got some nice pics this morning. While everyone was begging...
View attachment 1120706
This is Lacey our little dark Brahma. Her and Andromida our broody girl were all over me today.
View attachment 1120708
View attachment 1120709
View attachment 1120710
View attachment 1120711
Some of our teenagers. So many boys!
View attachment 1120715
Our guineas are getting old. Dont look very purple but they do stay with the turkeys like we hoped.

Oh my goodness, beautiful birds. Why didn't I join these boards sooner? Haha

Sorry I haven't been active here lately... Nothing new has been happening, still working hard, paying bills, spoiling chickens... I need to take some more pictures soon! I read through all the posts, gorgeous pictures, all of you!

Brought my slw gia to vet yesterday. Her swollen foot actually came to a head so they cut her open and gave antibiotics. Only cost me 60 bucks. More then Id like but planned on breeding her next year. Dr. Bell thought she was the sweetest bird ever. Walked around showing her to all the nurses. Even put a sparkling pink wrap on her lol.

Hey, what vet around this area treats chickens?! I haven't been able to find one.

So today I heard crowing that was WAY too close...as in, 'inside the house' type of close. And I didn't even bother to go check it out. Was that wrong? Am I the only one that has this issue come up from time to time? I believe it is the combination of irresponsible kids and a couple-few too many birds.

I know this sounds bad, but in my defense I've only had the goats get in once or twice and have NEVER had a pig find it's way in (to the doorstep, but never inside).

I leave my front door cracked most of the day for our 3 cats. And our RIR hen ALWAYS comes strutting in, right up the stairs, straight for the kitchen. What a funny girl she is, she knows where the food is at!

Sorry I haven't been active here lately... Nothing new has been happening, still working hard, paying bills, spoiling chickens... I need to take some more pictures soon! I read through all the posts, gorgeous pictures, all of you!

Hey, what vet around this area treats chickens?! I haven't been able to find one.

I leave my front door cracked most of the day for our 3 cats. And our RIR hen ALWAYS comes strutting in, right up the stairs, straight for the kitchen. What a funny girl she is, she knows where the food is at!

Dr. Bell at the Waterford animal hospital. Hes the only one I think.

IMG_5969.JPG

oooh! came home to a new layer today and it's Chikaletta our White Minorca from @dheltzel. She's been in and out of the nesting boxes for the past few days so we knew it was coming soon. 23 weeks old.

The same age BLRW isn't showing signs of laying yet.

Thanks again Dennis

Found this in the middle of my coop tonight. One of the chicks?! They aren't really old enough yet. They are just 14 weeks and they should all be colored eggs. Could it be one of the older hens?

Attachments

• IMG_1650.JPG
    IMG_1650.JPG
    211.8 KB · Views: 2
I found a smushed egg this morning too. Weird. It's like having a new layer but I'm pretty sure that isn't happening. All my hens are at least a year old and only one OE pullet is of decent size but none of them really have combs and waddles yet

Brought my slw gia to vet yesterday. Her swollen foot actually came to a head so they cut her open and gave antibiotics. Only cost me 60 bucks. More then Id like but planned on breeding her next year. Dr. Bell thought she was the sweetest bird ever. Walked around showing her to all the nurses. Even put a sparkling pink wrap on her lol.

That's awesome that you found a vet that will treat chickens. I can't seem to find one around here that will. Although because of that, I did learn how to do bumblefoot surgery!

Very good to know! My Orp and Buttercup are SO sweet, but our RIRs (Fred and George "The Red Twins") are kind of bitchy. We can't decide between getting a few extra of the Campines/Fayoumis, or a few of another docile breed we already have, or wing it with a new breed because, chickens. No one told me I would want them all. .:barnie

Oh yes, it's called chicken math. Did now one warn you about that? Start out with four, add another two, one goes broody....

So today I heard crowing that was WAY too close...as in, 'inside the house' type of close. And I didn't even bother to go check it out. Was that wrong? Am I the only one that has this issue come up from time to time? I believe it is the combination of irresponsible kids and a couple-few too many birds.

I know this sounds bad, but in my defense I've only had the goats get in once or twice and have NEVER had a pig find it's way in (to the doorstep, but never inside).

That's hilarious! I know if I left my door open the turkeys would waltz right in. They've only done that once though.... :oops:

I just applied for a job at TSC....this could be a good or bad thing lol

Well, you have all fall and winter to build those extra coops for all of those clearance chicks you will be bringing home. :lau

Found this in the middle of my coop tonight. One of the chicks?! They aren't really old enough yet. They are just 14 weeks and they should all be colored eggs. Could it be one of the older hens?

Looks like a big egg, so it is probably just a glitch from one of the older girls. It happens from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom