Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Hey @dheltzel , I found another use for your hackle feathers besides fishing. Saw these on the boardwalk last night.

WP_20170916_21_53_11_Pro.jpg

WP_20170916_21_53_09_Pro.jpg

If anyone nearby is interested, I have a few older hens looking for new homes. They're 1 1/2-2 years old. There are 2 lavender ameraucanas, 1 wheaten Marans, 1 easter egger, and 1 Silkie (hatchery type)

Since taking down the plastic on our run we have had several serious rain falls. We need to work on the drainage outside of the run in order to help with the water that gets inside. But what kind of flooring inside is the best? Sand? What kind of sand? I almost fell on my face in slippery mud this morning.

Nice sized chicks!

Thank you!
I just had another one hatch overnight. Once they realized that the new baby isn't food, they've been ok with him joining them. I was a little nervous about that at first but I'm glad they accepted him since he's a single hatcher.
I weighed the new one this morning...1.3 oz. I'm going to keep track of everyone's weight gain every week so I can see where they stand. This new baby SHOULD be CX X crele orpington but it's still pure white lol. I bet I'll get some funky colors next generation!
I'll need to get a couple pictures of the baby in with these older ones just to show the size difference. It's amazing how much they've grown in 2 weeks!

Thank you!
I just had another one hatch overnight. Once they realized that the new baby isn't food, they've been ok with him joining them. I was a little nervous about that at first but I'm glad they accepted him since he's a single hatcher.
I weighed the new one this morning...1.3 oz. I'm going to keep track of everyone's weight gain every week so I can see where they stand. This new baby SHOULD be CX X crele orpington but it's still pure white lol. I bet I'll get some funky colors next generation!
I'll need to get a couple pictures of the baby in with these older ones just to show the size difference. It's amazing how much they've grown in 2 weeks!

I guess that means you know who the daddy is! They are looking great. Is this a toad project?

I guess that means you know who the daddy is! They are looking great. Is this a toad project?

ThankYou! Dad SHOULD be crele orpington lol. This egg was only set 2 weeks after the others so there's a possibility that it could have still been old sperm and the same as the others. I never actualy saw the orpington mount her so I don't know but they were seperated together for a while. We'll see as they grow!

I guess this is sort of a toad project. I'm taking a different approach to it but same idea :)

Here are the new Ayam Cemani chicks. They look pretty good, just so tiny. I am only keeping 2 for myself. Some have white toenails, but they guy told me they would eventually grow black. Any truth in that? Doesn't matter so much for me, a they are just a novelty.

WP_20170918_07_40_54_Pro.jpg

WP_20170918_07_40_50_Pro.jpg

I am thinking my hunch was right, this is a Tom. Any thoughts?

WP_20170917_18_53_45_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom