Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Wow, I wonder why colored eggs are in demand in your area. Around here, people get skeptical when I hand them a carton of green eggs... "are they green on the inside too?!" :lau
It's all about marketing. I have some pullets laying small blue green eggs, too small to really sell. So I brought 2 dozen to work and gave 1 each to 2 co-workers with children and said they were "kid friendly" (because they are small like the kids) eggs.

"the first hit is always free . . ."

Look what hatched here last weekend! Frizzled Serama babies! Their dad is Jazz, my avatar :)

IMG_20180315_154218.jpg
IMG_20180315_154104.jpg
IMG_20180315_154051.jpg

If you (or your friend) want more olive eggers, let me know early, I generally sell out of them before the legbars and BSL are gone.

Hhmm... My cousin unfortunately had a fox get under her fence, and lost 8 of her 11 today. Thankfully her husband shot the fox. But she is in need of more replacements, and I already have some chicks that I am growing out. So I “may” need a few replacements for the ones I am giving her. She also loved the Biele roo, and since he was taken, she has asked for another one. :thumbsup I have 4 Biele chicks that are Roos, so I’m happy at least one will have a very good home.

It's all about marketing. I have some pullets laying small blue green eggs, too small to really sell. So I brought 2 dozen to work and gave 1 each to 2 co-workers with children and said they were "kid friendly" (because they are small like the kids) eggs.

"the first hit is always free . . ."

Great idea! I’ve thought about that too, with the smaller eggs. I have been keeping my one neighbor stocked with eggs. She has a great garden and I am hoping she will be generous again and share her produce with me in return.

I'm looking to get lavender orpington chicks this spring 2018 -- I live in the Harrisburg, PA area and am willing to drive a bit. Can anyone help direct me?

I'm looking to get lavender orpington chicks this spring 2018 -- I live in the Harrisburg, PA area and am willing to drive a bit. Can anyone help direct me?
Welcome from Berks County! :welcome

So I got on the horn with someone about the swan at the ARL, hoping that she goes for her. I also have my eggs in the Brinsea on lockdown! :fl here's hoping for a good hatch, I've been trying to keep the humidity up but I'm starting to think my humidity gauge is busted. I'm not sure.

Also in bigger news, you guys are my poultry family so I thought to let you know. I came out as transgender a couple days ago. Thankfully the response has been pretty good so far, and obviously the chickens don't care. But for future reference I'm going by Jack now and using male pronouns. Funny thing is, apparently a lot of people realized it before I did. :gig

Anywhoodles, I'm thinking I'll be lucky if I get one BCM to hatch outta this batch. @LeBlackbird and I were candling them earlier (way before lockdown) and the development on some of these eggs wasn't all there like they'd died early on. I'm a little upset cause I was looking forward to having BCM chicks but... eh. it's whatever. I'll keep you guys posted on how many Bielfelders I get and if anyone wants any chicks I'll probably sell a couple.

Back
Top Bottom