Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Ugghh things have been so crazy thanks to this stupid weather. I'ts sorta raining right now, so I gotta keep an eye on the goofballs outside. We finally moved the geese!!! Klaus and Sophie are very confused as to why the heck they can't go back into the big coop but it seems like the crew in the big coop are feeling a little better now that the two giants aren't in there anymore.

Still need to put together the run for the Ams, but it's been so muddy ugh. However! I did have 5 tiny Biels hatch! So if anyone needs any Biels let me know, I have 2 boys and 3 girls, however I do want to keep an eye on the one girl, I had to assist her hatching because she zipped but got stuck in her shell. (As in the membrane of the shell was stuck like glue to her skin). However! She is doing okay, I just want to keep an eye on her.

I'm also going to be putting some wyandotte eggs into the incubator to see what pops out, I have a chance of purebred Silver Laced Wyandottes, I also have a chance of half blue splash cochin bantam half SLW

Today was one of those crazy chicken shuffle days. I sold off 7 hens. They were good layers but aggressive to the younger ones that I tried to move out. After they left, I dragged my unfinished tractor out of the garage and made it a quick Batchelor pad and moved some extra roos out. I moved all the older chicks that hatched before/around new years out to the main coop, the seramas to a bigger crate, chicks from the inside brooder to the outside one, cleaned the inside brooders and the hatcher for lockdown. Yeah, I'm exhausted lol

Today was one of those crazy chicken shuffle days. I sold off 7 hens. They were good layers but aggressive to the younger ones that I tried to move out. After they left, I dragged my unfinished tractor out of the garage and made it a quick Batchelor pad and moved some extra roos out. I moved all the older chicks that hatched before/around new years out to the main coop, the seramas to a bigger crate, chicks from the inside brooder to the outside one, cleaned the inside brooders and the hatcher for lockdown. Yeah, I'm exhausted lol

I don't envy you the shuffle days. We need to do a pare down soon and I have been dragging my feet on it....

DHetzel’s House of Chicks? sounds like a brothel. LOL

This SNOW! Argh. I have a group of juveniles that I was preparing to move outside today...guess that will wait.

Haha! More like den of chicks, since it’s in the basement. But that doesn’t sound any better!

Ugghh things have been so crazy thanks to this stupid weather. I'ts sorta raining right now, so I gotta keep an eye on the goofballs outside. We finally moved the geese!!! Klaus and Sophie are very confused as to why the heck they can't go back into the big coop but it seems like the crew in the big coop are feeling a little better now that the two giants aren't in there anymore.

Still need to put together the run for the Ams, but it's been so muddy ugh. However! I did have 5 tiny Biels hatch! So if anyone needs any Biels let me know, I have 2 boys and 3 girls, however I do want to keep an eye on the one girl, I had to assist her hatching because she zipped but got stuck in her shell. (As in the membrane of the shell was stuck like glue to her skin). However! She is doing okay, I just want to keep an eye on her.

I'm also going to be putting some wyandotte eggs into the incubator to see what pops out, I have a chance of purebred Silver Laced Wyandottes, I also have a chance of half blue splash cochin bantam half SLW

I would love the girls if you are willing. I am trying to breed these in the spring. I will be setting up a separate coop for them. I already have 4 Roos I need to find homes for my 4 boys that hatched. I may have one already. They are so beautiful and calm, they are an easy sell thankfully.

Whew! Makes me tired just thinking about it. I’m so glad to see some more warm days coming up finally. I can’t
Wait to start on these projects!

I would love the girls if you are willing. I am trying to breed these in the spring. I will be setting up a separate coop for them. I already have 4 Roos I need to find homes for my 4 boys that hatched. I may have one already. They are so beautiful and calm, they are an easy sell thankfully.
Of course! I have to double check the going price of Biels and see how my tiny one that needed some help is doing but I think we can do that! :D
@HeartoftheMatterFarm
is new to BYC, and wants ducks. :lol: I think we can help!!!
What kind of ducks do they want???? Cause @dheltzel has two varieties~~~

0ABB3760-E589-41DD-82A2-4BF5BDBF20C2.jpeg
What color splash? How splashy..lol?
We stopped in Washington PA on our way back from Arizona in November and I got two pretty pullets who were described as red "Splash." One was from a blue laced red breeding program. You can see a little lacing and she has the most gorgeous blue bottom--it looks like she is wearing a contrasting petticoat! The other is red with some black neck and tail markings. I always thought of "splash" as spotted like a Pinto horse? Am I wrong?

These are my adult Splash. I’m going to sell the chicks that hatched in February this weekend - too many splash Orpington chicks and I’ve got more hatching now.

Back
Top Bottom