Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Does anyone in PA have sebbie geese they breed or any that need a new home? I’m very interested in getting a pair for my homestead. I’d prefer locally rather than order online.

Does anyone in PA have sebbie geese they breed or any that need a new home? I’m very interested in getting a pair for my homestead. I’d prefer locally rather than order online.
I've seen them for sale from time to time on Craigslist. They are quite expensive, if you find them for less than $50 per gosling, check carefully before buying. I've also seen them on some MeWe groups for selling poultry in PA

What are your favorite place to get chicks? I am wanting to get more dark egg layers in the spring to add to my flock.
You are not too far from me. I have breeding flocks of these dark layers:
Welbars (autosexing Welsummers)
Black Copper Marans
Lavender Marans (only 1 pair, prob won't have many of these chicks to sell)
I also make Olive Egger hybrids with these and Cream Legbars.

What are your favorite place to get chicks? I am wanting to get more dark egg layers in the spring to add to my flock.

Call Kim Rittenridge (or Renninger? I forget her last name, she’s my “chicken friend” Kim!:lol:) at The Peeper’s Keeper, Nottingham, PA. [email protected] Wonderful lady with exquisite Marans. She is the District 1 leader of Marans Chicken Club of America, and breeds to APA SOP. NPIP certified. Her specialties are White, Black Copper, and a new project color, Red Mottled, but I think she also has Wheaten, Blue Wheaten, and Black. All are French style (feather-legged). She’s fantastic, her prices are reasonable, and her birds are outstanding! I’m going to call her myself for some spring chicks, especially since I likely lost my nest. :hit I’m not sure if she ships, though, but it looks like she’s only an hour’s drive away from you anyway. She’s worth it!! I’m lucky, it’s only 10 minutes for me!:D

Last edited:
Happy new year! I hope all of your flocks are doing well. I woke up to some 2 week old chicks who dumped over their waterer. They were crunchy and covered in poop as a result so they headed into 2020 with a bath . First time ever bathing chickens it did not disappoint.

Attachments

• C291BDE0-A5CF-4771-8C99-AC75667B0E3C.jpeg
    C291BDE0-A5CF-4771-8C99-AC75667B0E3C.jpeg
    220 KB · Views: 1
The chickens never went outside today. :lol: Not even a footprint by the door. I suppose tomorrow they will venture out as it will be warm-ish. :gig They remind me of monkeys as they jump up, and down from the roost, and run around looking for treats I might have dropped.

Back
Top Bottom