Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Coban looks similar to VetWrap, I’ve never used it so I don’t know if it has similar cohesion. The trick is to wrap around the leg and stick it back to itself, leaving at least 1/4 to 3/8” on each side to fold back to center. You have to squeeze the wrap hard enough the spongy texture flattens out, then the chick can’t get it off.
E6981E69-3E92-4875-9859-03DB6875B8BE.jpeg

Last time I did that it took the chick about 36 hours to really get the hang of walking with the hobbles, and I had to watch carefully to keep her from falling in the water. Once she figured out how to shuffle with it she could move almost as fast as the other chicks, and the hobble never budged until I took it off after 7 days. She grew up into a happy healthy pullet with no sign of leg weakness or mobility issues.

I guess I should just sign up for a chicken addiction rehab clinic now -- it is inevitable I will need one.
I can just imagine"Chicken Rehab"--post-Covid--all of us in a circle showing pictures on our phones and secretively trading chicks in the parking lot! I can imagine nothing more enabling--except MAYBE a trip to Dennis--I am still dreaming bout peahens and little ducks!

I can just imagine"Chicken Rehab"--post-Covid--all of us in a circle showing pictures on our phones and secretively trading chicks in the parking lot! I can imagine nothing more enabling--except MAYBE a trip to Dennis--I am still dreaming bout peahens and little ducks!
Is it pathetic that I am now looking forward to chicken rehab group therapy.

Funniest thing about hybrids, you never know when God is gonna change the rules on you!! This adorable youngster:

50BC2477-2D32-48C9-8D2D-1EFB1A4B3208.jpeg

Whom I assumed would be female because “her” “brother” had a great big head spot:
A2805A9A-E497-4EB3-B99E-89B56661D272.jpeg

Has started to grow male saddle feathers:
0495B490-54F4-4A3D-AAB4-6235338FAB66.jpeg

A secret boy!! And the other one still looks girlish. Go figure!❤️✝️

Back
Top Bottom