Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

@dheltzel is entirely correct. I am fine with Adam not remembering us - he is living his best rooster life, and that is what I would want for him. Also today, I received a picture from someone who took one of Adam's young son's. That cockerel is only 3 months, but already has his own flock of pullets.

@VictoriaTemple My township says they will not bother me as long as no more noise complaints. Unfortunately, the lavender chick I kept from 3 months ago turned out to be a boy, so I do have a cockerel now, not yet crowing,. I will need to find a home for him in a month or 2.

I am planning to sell off some of my young hens soon, as the breeding season winds down. I can treat them for parasites and worms, but other than that, IDK what they might be carrying. Thought I'd put it here first.
Welsummers - not welbars and not particularly dark eggs
Barred Holland - one hen that is living with the 5 Welsummers
Lavender Marans - really like these, just have too many, also some black marans with these that I suspect are the better layers.
Lavender and black Ameraucanas - these lay some funny shaped eggs and are missing beards/muffs, so not continuing to breed from these.
Bantam Cochins - black and lavender, not frizzled. Some of these are older and they are not great layers, but I suspect when it gets warmer they will go broody.

The Barred Holland is not friendly, but the rest are "underfoot chickens" for me.
Have roosters to go with some of these, if there is interest.

I am planning to sell off some of my young hens soon, as the breeding season winds down. I can treat them for parasites and worms, but other than that, IDK what they might be carrying. Thought I'd put it here first.
Lavender Marans - really like these, just have too many, also some black marans with these that I suspect are the better layers.
Lavender and black Ameraucanas - these lay some funny shaped eggs and are missing beards/muffs, so not continuing to breed from these.
Bantam Cochins - black and lavender, not frizzled. Some of these are older and they are not great layers, but I suspect when it gets warmer they will go broody.

The Barred Holland is not friendly, but the rest are "underfoot chickens" for me.
Really want some Ameraucanas for my son, but I don't want bring them in with knowing my flock having Marek's. My 5 girls are still doing good so far, so at least this strain of Marek is not too bad. Hopefully, the vaccine will take care of it. I told my son that we may be able to get some Ameraucanas from you next year, and he cannot be happier. I did reduce this year's chick order to 5, so I will have room for more next year.

I would definately like a couple of Ameraucauna hens. Let me know when we can drive up!

I continue to follow this thread. Here is a tidbit for your enjoyment.
IMG_2076 - Copy.JPG

We were talking about the low percentage of lavenders, and I was lamenting getting only 2 lavenders from my first F2 olive eggers (22 hatched total). This week was MUCH better! 33 chicks hatched and 7 are lavender. This is close to the 25% expected results from the cross I am making. Even better, looks like this week the 7 are mostly girls!

Montgomery County,
I have 3 chickens I need to find a good home for. 2 barred rock and 1 olive egger. I hate to get rid of them, but I'm moving into an apartment. These chickens are well taken care of , and are more like dogs as they like to follow me around the yard. I'm located in Souderton Pa, and my contact information is [email protected].

Back
Top Bottom