Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I'm back to work for the summer now. Time seems to have been slashed in half! I have about 6 extra roos to try to get to freezer camp sometime soon. I'm going to attempt to do a couple today but we'll see how that goes. In a way, it's nice to be back to work. It's forcing me to get outside and move instead of plunked in front of my sewing machine lol. At least I get to check on this little lady every day! She has a nice little camouflaged nest right in between two campsites.

20210421_081650.jpg
20210421_081626.jpg

Yes! They are otherwise like regular Coturnix. My breeding colony of 9 hens is getting a little older, so I am growing out more breeders, but I can send eggs anytime, since I'm still getting 6 to 8 a day.
I’m trying to get my numbers up without getting outside eggs. Ha ha! I separated a trio, gave them plenty of light, and nada. Sure enough, I returned them to the pen, and they began laying. Just in case I need you, do you use the foam shippers?

New babies at my house! Hubby and kids picked the breeds, and I found a local place where we could get them all at the same time. We've got a Blue Jersey Giant, Blue Cuckoo Maran, Olive Egger, and Cream Legbar. They've all been named, and my kids rush down to them every day after school, and are even keeping notes on their development and personalities.

We're so in love with them! I adore the baby phase! :love

Attachments

• Chicks 04:21.jpg
    Chicks 04:21.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1
I’m trying to get my numbers up without getting outside eggs. Ha ha! I separated a trio, gave them plenty of light, and nada. Sure enough, I returned them to the pen, and they began laying. Just in case I need you, do you use the foam shippers?
Yes, just bought some foam shippers the right size. 30 holes in a 7x7 foam block. In my experience, quail eggs ship pretty well compared to larger eggs.

Dennis!! These are beautiful. I may need some, are you still getting a good amount?
Getting 6 to 8 eggs a day from 9 females. Have about 3 doz young ones growing out, in many colors. Latest hatch is still in the hatcher, but looks like 20+ in there now.

Whenever you want some eggs or birds, just message me. You know where I live.

Back
Top Bottom