Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

From what I know of the subject (Porter's site, where you found the same) it is unlikely to be directly descended. The current line was a random chance bird at Sweetgrass Farms that raised broad breasted bronze. Kevin Porter bred them down to heritage size and figured out the genetics. It would be fairly easy to create the color from a Royal Palm and Bourbon red, making your own line of Sweetgrass. They resemble the old paintings, but since there are no current photos of Ronquiere from Europe, I think it is reasonable to assume they were bred into other colors and lost.

Turkeys originated in North America, so in a sense the original "heritage" turkey is the Eastern Wild.
Thank you, I did not want to add them to my current pen if they are something different. I have had sweetgrass for a few years and could not tell any difference.
Just glad to be adding to my turkey pen.

Three hardworking, young professionals are seeking a farm apartment or house for rent or work with housing. With experience in zookeeping, animal behavior, pet grooming and sitting, barn management, window and door installation, diesel mechanics, gardening, landscaping, snow removal and more, we would be an asset to any farm or animal operation! Must allow a dog, two cats, multiple tanked pets, and must be zoned for a flock of 50+ chickens with their coops and runs. Please message me if you or anyone you know may have a good fit for us! Bucks, Montgomery, Chester, Berks counties area

@OneMountainAcres
0BF59FB9-7402-4192-B830-69DB64616286-2396-000001D0D2A21617.gif

IMG_1473.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom